Facebook - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 12-26-2015, 09:07 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 138
View ElTacoPaco's Photo Album My Photos
Default Facebook

I am in deep need of help when it comes to Facebook? I always shrug it off and from comments and post i read here that is a mistake. How do you guya expose your page and more importantly how do you convert those into leads. I operate an independent paint store and also work for my parents under their painting and remodeling company.
ElTacoPaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2015, 11:05 PM   #2
PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe

Rewards Points: 1,172
Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,569 Posts
View ReNt A PaInTeR's Photo Album My Photos

I only go to Facebook for the memes now.

|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
ReNt A PaInTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 11:20 PM   #3
Time Traveler

Rewards Points: 254
Thanked 1,522 Times in 779 Posts
View Underdog's Photo Album My Photos

I've always wondered how Facebook translates into contacts and referrals.
Doesn't the Facebook experience rely on returning again and again to cement into someone's mind that they need to refer a particular tradesman?
What kind of content would encourage somebody to get excited about telling a friend or family member to a Facebook account? Amazing on-the-job pictures? A blog?

How do you stay encouraged? How do you know it's making an impact?

People who have a website just because they have to, want to know.
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2015, 04:02 AM   #4
very senior member

Thanked 5,521 Times in 3,389 Posts
View chrisn's Photo Album My Photos

Not that I would put in the effort but I was wondering all that also
( what underdog said)
Old 12-27-2015, 12:57 PM   #5
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTacoPaco View Post
I am in deep need of help when it comes to Facebook? I always shrug it off and from comments and post i read here that is a mistake. How do you guya expose your page and more importantly how do you convert those into leads. I operate an independent paint store and also work for my parents under their painting and remodeling company.
As a brick and mortar, you have a good opportunity to get your services and products in front of a lot of people by using a FB page for your store. There are community pages in every area where people are looking for or offering services. The key is engaging people, not just blasting your message.You can also like and share the pages of the painters in your area, sharing their projects, although that may be tough to promote the competitors of the painting compaany!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I've always wondered how Facebook translates into contacts and referrals.
Doesn't the Facebook experience rely on returning again and again to cement into someone's mind that they need to refer a particular tradesman?
What kind of content would encourage somebody to get excited about telling a friend or family member to a Facebook account? Amazing on-the-job pictures? A blog?

How do you stay encouraged? How do you know it's making an impact?

People who have a website just because they have to, want to know.
Facebook gives good insights as to traffic and reach. I admin a group of local residents that has over 6,000 members. When someone in the group asks for a tradesperson, restaurant or service, there are a lot of responses recommending locals, often sharing their FB pages. There are several guys here that do a great job with contests, sharing seasonal or funny topics, etc. Some also boost posts by paying.
@Eltaco Do a search for Facebook here and read through them, lot of good info.

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RCP For This Useful Post:
Underdog (12-27-2015)
Old 12-27-2015, 02:49 PM   #6
Time Traveler

Rewards Points: 254
Thanked 1,522 Times in 779 Posts
View Underdog's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post

Facebook gives good insights as to traffic and reach. I admin a group of local residents that has over 6,000 members. When someone in the group asks for a tradesperson, restaurant or service, there are a lot of responses recommending locals, often sharing their FB pages. There are several guys here that do a great job with contests, sharing seasonal or funny topics, etc. Some also boost posts by paying.
Ah ha... that gives me much more of an insight. Plus I visited your blog and that helped. (very nice by the way)

So it becomes a bit of a lifestyle choice, like drinking too much or watching a whole lot of television?
Old 12-27-2015, 03:41 PM   #7
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Ah ha... that gives me much more of an insight. Plus I visited your blog and that helped. (very nice by the way)
Thanks!

Quote:
So it becomes a bit of a lifestyle choice, like drinking too much or watching a whole lot of television?
Now that sounds like you were on my personal Facebook!

But yes, it is a "culture", you interact with a lot of people.

Now back to my bottle and binging on Shameless!

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RCP For This Useful Post:
Underdog (12-27-2015)
Old 12-27-2015, 04:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
As a brick and mortar, you have a good opportunity to get your services and products in front of a lot of people by using a FB page for your store. There are community pages in every area where people are looking for or offering services. The key is engaging people, not just blasting your message.You can also like and share the pages of the painters in your area, sharing their projects, although that may be tough to promote the competitors of the painting compaany!

Yeah it is tough bc painters dont want to help the opposition but are willing to help the corporate giants
Old 12-27-2015, 04:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNt A PaInTeR View Post
I only go to Facebook for the memes now.
I funny and vine
You will hate me now bc I probably just killed years of your time

Tags
None