facebook contest...... - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 12-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 250
View salestrainer's Photo Album My Photos
Default facebook contest......

Have my facebook page up and running, thanks RCP! Anyway a friend of mine had a neat idea about facebook. He suggested I run a contest for all friends to submit a picture of the worst painted room they have. To register, they have to become a fan of my painting page. Then all fans will vote, the winner gets a complete room paint-over. I am still working out the details, however I think I am going to try it. Friends of friends could become fans, hoepfully generate traffic and branding, since I am brand new. Anyway have any thoughts on this idea?
salestrainer is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2009, 12:41 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 1,031 Times in 753 Posts
View johnpaint's Photo Album My Photos

I on there, also twitter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Last edited by johnpaint; 12-10-2009 at 12:54 PM..
johnpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
Born To Be Mild

Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,000 Posts
View bikerboy's Photo Album My Photos

I really like the idea, if you get lots of people interested.

It would suck if you only get a half dozen people involved.

bikerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #4

Thanked 1,031 Times in 753 Posts
View johnpaint's Photo Album My Photos

Party of five from Facebook (worst painting photo), your table is ready.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
johnpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #5
I'm Colour Blind

Rewards Points: 1,008
View mistcoat's Photo Album My Photos

Never work for friends of family

mistcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #6

Keep, in mind when I say friends, facefriends are many times just someone you know. Had a hi powered realtor send me a friend request this week, planning on meeting with him next week. I can't help but think this is a way to get my name out there in a fun way. That being said I can imagine what kind of disaster project room I may have to paint, lol! Maybe several of us could try it and compare notes!
Old 12-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
A PAINTER PAINTING

Rewards Points: 150
View Burt White's Photo Album My Photos

Hope the winner of the contest dosent live too fare away.
Burt White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #8

Planning on putting a 25 mile radius on contest entries, that should cover 95% of the folks on my site.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:48 PM   #9
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

You could offer a shirt, gift card, hat, something you can mail. That way anyone can participate, it is the friends of friends that is the beauty of it. Also the fact that your biz page is searchable, having lots of friends and activity shows a little better.
I saw a contest where a business posted a picture of a local spot and had people guess where it was. Got a lot of responses!
You should also have your facebook page url on every electronic signature, email, website, here!

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RCP For This Useful Post:
salestrainer (12-11-2009)
Old 12-14-2009, 12:23 AM   #10

Still trying to figure out the logistics, the best way for fans to vote, download pics, and how to keep up with the contest. Was thinking 30 days to enter, then a week to vote. Any ideas how to make this successful?
Old 12-14-2009, 12:50 AM   #11

Rewards Points: 1,000
Thanked 1,136 Times in 611 Posts
View y.painting's Photo Album My Photos

This application gives you the ability to attach a vote feature to photos (or so it says). I've never used it, give it a try.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:18 AM   #12
Born To Be Mild

Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,000 Posts
View bikerboy's Photo Album My Photos

Sales:

I have been wracking my brain on this. In my mind it has become a large event with submissions to both a "junk email" and a local paint distributor. Followed with press releases to the local news agencies.

Am working on the rules now. (must be a U.S. citizen, 18 years or older, permission to use names and photos, radius, not a "total room re-build" the list goes on and on)

Will likely never do this, but am having fun thinking about the possiblities.

bikerboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None