Google Plus - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 02-19-2016, 08:20 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 138
View ElTacoPaco's Photo Album My Photos
Default Google Plus

Any tips? I cannot seem to get many likes. Any advice would be appreciated
ElTacoPaco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ElTacoPaco For This Useful Post:
journeymanPainter (02-19-2016)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2016, 08:32 PM   #2
PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe

Rewards Points: 1,172
Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,569 Posts
View ReNt A PaInTeR's Photo Album My Photos

Likes?

|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
ReNt A PaInTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:41 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 686
Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,065 Posts
View journeymanPainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTacoPaco View Post
Any tips? I cannot seem to get many likes. Any advice would be appreciated
How's that?
journeymanPainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2016, 12:37 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 28
View Jared From RankNova's Photo Album My Photos

ElPacoLoco, did your Google+ Likes bring you business? From my experience, they tend not to, so I've never worried about them. The ROI just isn't there; it's more a vanity metric. I'm guessing your time would be much better spent elsewhere.

Also, it needs mentioned that Google is changing Google+ dramatically. It's becoming more of a "collections and communities" network, with far less emphasis on local business.

Mike Bluthenals (one of the more knowledgeable guys out there) has a good read on his blog: The New Google Plus – All About Collections Not About Business

From his article:

Quote:
It doesn’t focus on businesses, their description, reviews, videos or business photos. In fact the complete absence of those features in this initial roll out seems to indicate the final and rather draconian separation from any business related function.
Of course, this is Google, and they radically change things every few months, just to be annoying (or so it seems). Things could be completely different by the time I hit "Submit Reply."
Jared From RankNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:34 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 138
View ElTacoPaco's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared From RankNova View Post
ElPacoLoco, did your Google+ Likes bring you business? From my experience, they tend not to, so I've never worried about them. The ROI just isn't there; it's more a vanity metric. I'm guessing your time would be much better spent elsewhere.

Also, it needs mentioned that Google is changing Google+ dramatically. It's becoming more of a "collections and communities" network, with far less emphasis on local business.

Mike Bluthenals (one of the more knowledgeable guys out there) has a good read on his blog: The New Google Plus – All About Collections Not About Business

From his article:

Of course, this is Google, and they radically change things every few months, just to be annoying (or so it seems). Things could be completely different by the time I hit "Submit Reply."
I am a BM/PPG retailer so I am tryi g to reach out tk the people (DIY) looking for color and advice
ElTacoPaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 03:47 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 312
View Crackshot's Photo Album My Photos

people go with FB and others. but I use G+ ..its the way to go.
ppl using FB and stuff are usually using it @ work time anyway.
G+ is synced with my fone etc. I send/upload all my quotes through gmail/g+ etc.
photo gallery's etc, and hangouts. or circles.. great.
Crackshot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crackshot For This Useful Post:
ElTacoPaco (02-27-2016), fredo (02-23-2016)

Tags
None