A Great Tool For Facebook Users................. - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 06-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 250
View SouthFloridaPainter's Photo Album My Photos
Default A Great Tool For Facebook Users.................

I just posted this on a reply on another thread, but decided to start a thread on this because it such a great tool to be utilizing.

This is good for all of you that are using facebook as a fan page for your business.

It will either help those of you who are spread out through multiple sites with your blogs and so forth, or the ones who do not wish to create any content.

RSS grafitti is an application of facebook that will grab your rss feeds form your websites and/or blogs an addition to any other source that interests you.

So use it as a way to automate your facebook postings, and maintain that page fresh, as well as using it as a timesaver.

So let's say you maintain a blog, well after you post there, the scheduled RSS graffiti will visit and grab your post and post it on your wall and credit the source with a link back to it. So visitors will be able to link back to your site if they want.

And if you don't have a blog, grab a feed from anything industry-related and use it for your facebook page. They get the advantage of having their content spread through the web and being credited for it, while you get to have a freshly updated page.

Just search for it on facebook, configure it, and leave it alone.

Good Luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MerchantCircle :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SouthFloridaPainter is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #2
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Here is the Link for RSS Graffitti.

I have a problem with some apps that auto post because when I see a page full of automated posts (no personal comments), I view it differently. I "like" a number of pages and am more likely to click on shared link if the op has commented on it. I had this conversation with Darren S last week. Normally if someone like him, who I "know like and trust" posts a link, I'll read it. But if I see 20 auto posts in a row, I assume (probably incorrectly) that he is just sharing links without reading them.
When I questioned him about it, he mentioned he uses Twitter as his base and feeds to Facebook, and when he sees good content, he shares it. That makes sense to me. I do the opposite, I post to FB and it autoposts to Twitter.

I think it takes the whole "personal touch" out of the equation. I enjoy the interaction, I think the interaction is what makes it work,but maybe that is just me!

I do use Networked Blogs (Thanks VP) and that posts from my blog. And I use some other apps that post my content when I create it.

I do see that the app you mentioned does post your content though as opposed to others, so it does look interesting.

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RCP For This Useful Post:
aaron61 (06-07-2011)
Old 06-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Here is a guide to FB that looks interesting.

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None