Name Help - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 01-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View ruffruff's Photo Album My Photos
Default Name Help

Greetings All! I just found the site and it looks outstanding! I have been painting on and off for 10 years. Painted during college then got a "real" job as my dad told me I needed, tried it for a year then quit and went back to painting. I have been painting for a company for years but have always been doing work on my own. I have been growing cutomers for years just by word of mouth and my name.

It is now time to have my own company with its own name and am looking for a little help with the name. Most of my clients are upscale residential repaints. I live in Michigan so primarily summer time is exterior time and interior in the winter. The name I have come up with but am not completly sold on is "Innovative Custom Painting". Any other suggestions or ideas would be glady appreciated!
ruffruff is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000
View TooledUp's Photo Album My Photos

ruff painting..?
TooledUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
me paint pretty one day

Rewards Points: 150
View stansoph's Photo Album My Photos

I don't know if this will help you out. I am a one man operation and all of my work is by word of mouth, no advertising. I named my LLC after myself for license, insurance, etc. My business card has:

Name
Painter

Phone # email

I don't have a company name because I don't advertise, no logo because I am lazy and the card is simple to avoid confusion.

good luck
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
Born To Be Mild

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,000 Posts
View bikerboy's Photo Album My Photos

Dewey, Cheatum and Howe

Custom Painting

We screw the other guys and pass the savings on to you!

Nyuk! Nyuk!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

bikerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:52 PM   #5
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

There are a lot of things to consider when choosing a name.
How will it look on a logo/card/shirt/truck?
Is the domain name available?
Is there something similar in your area? (Innovative Homes?)
Personally I do not not like "quality" "precision" etc, sounds too gimmicky.
Look in the yellow pages at all other company names and get an idea of what you like.

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:50 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 75
View cullybear's Photo Album My Photos

I always liked using your last name Your name is your advertising and people will remember your name and the name of your business the same way
cullybear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None