Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Paint breakdown sheet

7K views 38 replies 26 participants last post by  caulktheline 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I've been searching all over the net for this and can't seem to find any examples out there. I'm going to make one up on excel if I can't find one but I'm wondering if you guys have any feedback?

After the paint job is done I'd like to give my customer a sheet containing the breakdown of all the paints we used and where. Not sure if any of you do this as a standard practice or not. If so, do you know where I can find some kind of template? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

#11 ·
I like the idea of the color keeper.
I use a computer generated card with all the info for each room and make up quart cans of left over paint with a label on it.
Front of the card reads "Paint Product Information for the "Customer's Last Name" Residense.

sage

#12 ·
Thanks for some of the ideas guys. I'm finishing up an exterior job so the light switch trick won't work here. But I like the idea of the colour keeper. Anybody know where I can find a sample of one so I can see what it looks like?
Also going to ask my SW rep for that portfolio. Looks good.

#17 ·
My Color Keeper is about promoting YOU!

Sneak Preview of our new website www.mycolorkeeper.com/blog If you are using My Color Keeper send us photo's and your information we want to add you to our feature pages. Press Release -My Color Keeper® and Paula Doelling-Lynn (Midwest Paint Color Expert) have teamed together to promote you, what you're about, what you're doing right now, and what you sell!

#24 ·
sneak preview of our new website www.mycolorkeeper.com/blog if you are using my color keeper send us photo's and your information we want to add you to our feature pages. Press release -my color keeper® and paula doelling-lynn (midwest paint color expert) have teamed together to promote you, what you're about, what you're doing right now, and what you sell!
done

#20 ·
well considering the circumstances, if we wanted to be consistent with policy so no one feels preferred treatment was being meted out, AND we want this link to be available, the work-around would be for YOU to put the link in YOUR post, and then we could follow policy by deleting it in the original.

VOILA !

#19 ·
It probably should be deleted, but I emailed her this morning with a link to the thread, thinking she might be interested. I also wanted to get some for myself, and do a blog post about them. Under those circumstances, I am hoping we can leave it be for now.

#23 ·
As far as the labels on the back of the switch plates how about a label put on the electrical panel of the residence. It would say to look behind the plates to find the paint info. A new owner would see it at some point.

As for labels on cans then add that the paint is left for homeowner and not responsible if not properly disposed of.

#30 ·
Light switch idea is great! Im gonna use that one from now on.

Usually I just put a smudge on the can and label it with a marker. Ill still do this too with the light switch Idea

They throw that folder away anyway. AND are mad that they have to copy it down on a reasonable sheet of paper to keep with the paint.

Heck if I kept every folder that someone gave me! Id have to build another room off of my office.

Ive got a painter that puts all of the switch plate screws facing the same way. I think its a waist of time but some customers have actually noticed it and said "Hey that's nice" Does anybody else do this?

#31 ·
Ive got a painter that puts all of the switch plate screws facing the same way. I think its a waist of time but some customers have actually noticed it and said "Hey that's nice" Does anybody else do this?[/QUOTE]

I make sure all screws are straight on every job. Many customers have noticed it too.

#37 ·
Ive got a painter that puts all of the switch plate screws facing the same way. I think its a waist of time but some customers have actually noticed it and said "Hey that's nice" Does anybody else do this?
I make sure all screws are straight on every job. Many customers have noticed it too.[/QUOTE]

all screw are sideways ... :thumbup: and when we take the plates off we put them in a bucket of krud kutter let them soak, rinse with water wipe clean before reinstalling. Homeowner love the details :notworthy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.