PDF Contracts via Emal - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 02-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
Flog a Mocker

Rewards Points: 116
View Tonyg's Photo Album My Photos
Default PDF Contracts via Emal

Was getting ready to purchase an Adobe product that will allow me to convert pdf's into filllable forms.

94% of my work last year was from either repeat or referral business so I usually have good customers. After the initial meeting I email estimates, proposals, references, etc via email and either close the sale through email or phone.

Once I get a commitment I usually will email a copy of the contract and make an appointment in the next week or so to get the physical contract signed. I typically get a $200 scheduling deposit for painting projects, and sometimes a credit card for PW, but for existing clients and referrals many times I waive the scheduling deposit. Getting a contract signed immedietly via email attachment would be extremely easier as I find myself many times forgoing the contract signing until starting the job - sometimes 12-14 weeks out

Is anyone else getting contracts signed digitally? If so what are you using?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
Save 2nd base!

Rewards Points: 9,608
Thanked 4,372 Times in 1,908 Posts
View ProWallGuy's Photo Album My Photos

My estimates/contracts/etc are all done in excel or word, then converted to pdf via a free piece of software called cute pdf. Then emailed.

I don't have them digitally signed, as I get $$$ when they sign. Either I go by and pick up deposit and contract, or I have them put both in the mail.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ProWallGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ProWallGuy For This Useful Post:
Neese's Painting (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
Flog a Mocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWallGuy View Post
My estimates/contracts/etc are all done in excel or word, then converted to pdf via a free piece of software called cute pdf. Then emailed.

I don't have them digitally signed, as I get $$$ when they sign. Either I go by and pick up deposit and contract, or I have them put both in the mail.
That's what I'm doing now. I typically don't need to purchase materials until I start, or maybe a few days before, so the only deposit I collect early is a scheduling deposit.

Getting a digital commitment on the contract would be sooooo much better
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 150
View bodean614's Photo Album My Photos

The new version of adobe that came on my computer allows me to fill them out. Right upper corner there is signature click that and it allows u to fill out and save.
bodean614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
Flog a Mocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean614 View Post
The new version of adobe that came on my computer allows me to fill them out. Right upper corner there is signature click that and it allows u to fill out and save.
The Adobe XI pro is like $450 and the X is on ebay new for about $150. Just wanted to see if there was another program or a free version. Only the reader came installed on my PC
Old 02-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
RePaintFlorida.com

Rewards Points: 308
Thanked 2,717 Times in 1,014 Posts
View Repaint Florida's Photo Album My Photos

I use freshbooks.com , I think they have a 30 day free trial
Orlando, Fl 32837
Repaint Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 500
View MonPeintre.ca's Photo Album My Photos

I ask for a confirmation email with the contract number and amount. My lawyer says that its as good as signed contract.

Residential and commercial painters in Montreal
MonPeintre.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonPeintre.ca For This Useful Post:
Blakelpd5 (02-23-2013), Damon T (02-24-2013), PressurePros (02-23-2013), Repaint Florida (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #8
very senior member

Rewards Points: 56
Thanked 5,521 Times in 3,389 Posts
View chrisn's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyg View Post
Was getting ready to purchase an Adobe product that will allow me to convert pdf's into filllable forms.

94% of my work last year was from either repeat or referral business so I usually have good customers. After the initial meeting I email estimates, proposals, references, etc via email and either close the sale through email or phone.

Once I get a commitment I usually will email a copy of the contract and make an appointment in the next week or so to get the physical contract signed. I typically get a $200 scheduling deposit for painting projects, and sometimes a credit card for PW, but for existing clients and referrals many times I waive the scheduling deposit. Getting a contract signed immedietly via email attachment would be extremely easier as I find myself many times forgoing the contract signing until starting the job - sometimes 12-14 weeks out

Is anyone else getting contracts signed digitally? If so what are you using?

you sure about that?
Old 02-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 556
View LA Painter's Photo Album My Photos

I email a PDF contract and ask them to return a signed copy of the signature page with a $100 deposit. Itís simple and works fine.

Iíve thought a lot about e-signatures and e-payments, but I think a lot of my older customers would find it too confusing.

It would be nice to have both options, so let us know if you find a simple system.
LA Painter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None