Pintrest - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 01-01-2016, 12:05 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 138
View ElTacoPaco's Photo Album My Photos
Default Pintrest

Do you guys as painters use it? How about y'all indi's out there? I am thinking about taking social media full on next year and Pintrest is on my hit list. Any tips or results if you guys have used it feel free to mention them
ElTacoPaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2016, 11:33 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,068
View richmondpainting's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTacoPaco View Post
Do you guys as painters use it? How about y'all indi's out there? I am thinking about taking social media full on next year and Pintrest is on my hit list. Any tips or results if you guys have used it feel free to mention them
I'm just start to mess with it...my last customer pulled it up with ideas she had....houzz may be another one...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
richmondpainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 03:29 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 150
View RP Mike's Photo Album My Photos

If you haven't already, I would say Instagram could be more valuable to you than Pinterest. Reason being, the newer home owners likely all have Instagram. People Instagram damn near everything, and their friends all follow each other.

You get them to post a picture of the job you did (or share a picture you posted of their house), they tag your profile in the picture, "hashtag" your company, and they've just marketed you to all their friends and shown you some work. You can comment back to show your customer appreciation right there for everyone to see as they scroll down, and that interaction makes you more than just a company name to them. Pinterest, I think, is a little less versatile - then again, I don't use it much so I could be mistaken!
RP Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2016, 01:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP Mike View Post
If you haven't already, I would say Instagram could be more valuable to you than Pinterest. Reason being, the newer home owners likely all have Instagram. People Instagram damn near everything, and their friends all follow each other.

You get them to post a picture of the job you did (or share a picture you posted of their house), they tag your profile in the picture, "hashtag" your company, and they've just marketed you to all their friends and shown you some work. You can comment back to show your customer appreciation right there for everyone to see as they scroll down, and that interaction makes you more than just a company name to them. Pinterest, I think, is a little less versatile - then again, I don't use it much so I could be mistaken!
Ever heard of hoot suite? I can post to my personal fb page, my like page, instagram, twitter and linked in....all from there app....and schedule posts for the future also

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP Mike View Post

Just made an instagram! Go follow me at @inspirationpaintstore
The Following User Says Thank You to ElTacoPaco For This Useful Post:
RP Mike (01-03-2016)
Old 01-03-2016, 11:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondpainting View Post
Ever heard of hoot suite? I can post to my personal fb page, my like page, instagram, twitter and linked in....all from there app....and schedule posts for the future also
I've got a friend who works for Hootsuite! She tosses me social media ideas all the time. Lots of them don't seem too relevant to the painting business, but any good ones I'll be sure to pass on to you guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to RP Mike For This Useful Post:
richmondpainting (01-10-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 08:57 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 1,574
Thanked 1,377 Times in 605 Posts
View Roamer's Photo Album My Photos

We have a Houzz page. It is almost like having another website except that it is focused on home design.

Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roamer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2016, 12:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamer View Post
We have a Houzz page. It is almost like having another website except that it is focused on home design.
What is the link
Old 01-05-2016, 10:09 AM   #9

Rewards Points: 32
Thanked 2,614 Times in 1,465 Posts
View fauxlynn's Photo Album My Photos

I was advised against Pinterest. It's just a place for people to collect ideas, when it comes time to purchase, they'll have to go with someone local.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:23 AM   #10

Rewards Points: 1,574
Thanked 1,377 Times in 605 Posts
View Roamer's Photo Album My Photos

Our Houzz page:

http://www.houzz.com/pro/techptr/tech-painting-company

Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roamer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2016, 03:18 PM   #11

Quote:
You got yourself three likes
Old 01-05-2016, 08:04 PM   #12

Quote:
That striping job looks great
Old 01-10-2016, 02:38 AM   #13

I personally think you need a strong presence every where on social media...

Facebook, instagram, linked in, houzz and pintrest.... twitter i still dont understand..lol..pintrest is new to me, so is houzz but im going to keep it consistent. Also im writing a minimum of two blogs per week!!

Tags
None