Sales Reps... - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 05-29-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
FT painter/FT dad

Rewards Points: 500
View Rich's Photo Album My Photos
Default Sales Reps...

I'll be honest. I've never even spoken to my sales rep. directly. I got all my fabulous pricing (SW) through my manager who is constantly helping me out.

What are the advantages of getting acquainted with my rep?
What are your relationships with your reps?
What do you have them do on a regular basis?
Do they come to your jobs, and if so...what do they do? (I do know that they can diagnose issue that you have and help find solutions...but is that it?)

thanks

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2007, 09:59 PM   #2
Epoxy Dude

Rewards Points: 500
View Wolverine's Photo Album My Photos

Well,
I'm a paint manufacturer... so... I guess I'm kinda a rep for some of our customers. And, when good jobs come across my desk, I pass the leads to the customers that I know best...

However, your rep works for SW... which means that he is EVIL EVIL EVIL!!!

lmao

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:16 PM   #3
Ohio Painting Contractor

Rewards Points: 250
View welovepainting's Photo Album My Photos

We talk to our sales rep on a regular basis weekly. I remeber years ago our sales rep would always offer to go out to lunch and discuss business, for years I put it off. Well we started doing home and garden shows and I thought I felt I should talk to him about a drawing for prospects for free paint and labor. So we go to lunch he drops everything we purchase on a regular basis by 20%, donates 30 galons of high quality paint for the trade show, and also donates all the material need for a hostorical society job we where doing. I tell you that was the best damn lumch I ever had. He also comes out to our jobs once a month just to talk, offers great pricing on demo show equipment, and much much more. I take his advice and he explains all the new products our sales rep is one of our biggest assets we have. Although they really cant reccomend you for jobs, that would be the employess and or local store managers. Your sales rep can also get you free sporting event tickets!
welovepainting is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None