What are the BETTER lead generation sites out there - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 03-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View dana1's Photo Album My Photos
Default What are the BETTER lead generation sites out there

Looking for other ways to bring in more work. What are some of the BETTER site or companies to use? I guess what I am asking is what are the best one's to get the most out of your money?
dana1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 05:23 AM   #2
very senior member

Thanked 5,521 Times in 3,389 Posts
View chrisn's Photo Album My Photos

happy customers( clients) or people you have worked for that refer you to other people for free
ewingpainting.net (03-04-2013), Gough (03-04-2013), vividpainting (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #3
Grants Painting

Rewards Points: 150
View GrantsPainting's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana1 View Post
Looking for other ways to bring in more work. What are some of the BETTER site or companies to use? I guess what I am asking is what are the best one's to get the most out of your money?
Well there are none. They are all unqualified leads. Your best bet is to develop a website, advertise on yp.com, and use social media.

companies like findmealocalpainter.com suck. They will charge you 20-50 bucks for a lead that they got from an email. Its just not worth it. It will get your foot in the door after spending a few hundred just to get all you profit eaten up...

Then maybe just maybe if you do a real good job they might refer you...

The largest and most profitable companies don't really go around kissing every customers butt just to keep the ball rolling. They do a good quality job and then effective advertising.

That is unless you want to go with the high end customers and then chrisn's advise will serve you well.

Let me know if you need a good web developer. Mine was about 500 bucks and a ton of work... but it sounds like you have the time to do the work. Really a site with a few less options and blah blah can be about 200 for the custom coding on a great free theme.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GrantsPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrantsPainting For This Useful Post:
ligboozer (03-05-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 516
Thanked 1,001 Times in 524 Posts
View premierpainter's Photo Album My Photos

Do great work and get free leads. Plain and simple.

premierpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to premierpainter For This Useful Post:
Repaint Florida (03-04-2013)
Old 03-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
I remember johnpaint

Rewards Points: 160
View ligboozer's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantsPainting View Post
Well there are none. They are all unqualified leads. Your best bet is to develop a website, advertise on yp.com, and use social media.

companies like findmealocalpainter.com suck. They will charge you 20-50 bucks for a lead that they got from an email. Its just not worth it. It will get your foot in the door after spending a few hundred just to get all you profit eaten up...

Then maybe just maybe if you do a real good job they might refer you...

The largest and most profitable companies don't really go around kissing every customers butt just to keep the ball rolling. They do a good quality job and then effective advertising.

That is unless you want to go with the high end customers and then chrisn's advise will serve you well.

Let me know if you need a good web developer. Mine was about 500 bucks and a ton of work... but it sounds like you have the time to do the work. Really a site with a few less options and blah blah can be about 200 for the custom coding on a great free theme.

I have become very skeptical with the few I have tried, including one that I found on here.

It cannot be stated enough that you have no idea how qualified these leads are. I suspect they are mostly web users who casually browse a lead sight and fill out their "free quote" form with little to no real interest in having the work done. This is great for the site as it's guaranteed money, yet it's a total crapshoot for the contractor to land the job.

To add insult to injury, most sites take the viewpoint that "We gave you the lead, not our fault you didn't get the job", when the process usually goes something like this

Get lead

Contact lead same day (if they reply at all)

Lead states they already have a contractor

or

Get lead

Contact lead

Lead says can you beat ***x price?

As always, YMMV, and I'm a believer in trying something for yourself, so give it a shot, but don't pin all your hopes on it.
ligboozer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ligboozer For This Useful Post:
dana1 (03-19-2013)

Tags
None