Who buys back-links for your website? - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Rbriggs82
  • 1 Post By Mr Smith
  • 1 Post By Mr Smith
  • 1 Post By Lightningboy65
  • 1 Post By ProjectPaint

Old 04-20-2019, 03:38 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,942
View Mr Smith's Photo Album My Photos
Default Who buys back-links for your website?

Who in here still buys back-links for their website?

From the recent Google algorithm change my site dropped onto page 3 (from page 2) which is like death.

I have maybe 50 keywords in the top 10 but none of them are great keywords. "city painters" is hard to climb up where I live in a city of 1M+.

I've done some opposition research on my competition and many of the page one companies have back-links from questionable sites. I know they are paying for them because I inquired. Some are charging $300/link.

What has been your experience? It's hard to find good home renovation sites to take your articles.

Is anyone crushing it at SEO?
Mr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2019, 12:34 PM   #2
King Dude

Rewards Points: 2
Thanked 5,089 Times in 2,903 Posts
View Rbriggs82's Photo Album My Photos

I'm crushing it but it's probably by sheer luck and that I have a real old domain name.

BBB backlink is a nice one to have, I also have one from an organization for local businesses in our area you may have one in your area it's like $100 year to be a member. Also one called membercard services which you just offer a small discount to be part of. I reminds me of those big old coupon books they used to sell but in website form. Never had anyone claim the discount but I get a link.

You need to look around and get creative with local sites, I wouldn't go paying for anything unless you're joining an organization that gives one like the BBB. Look for local charities to sponsor that have a sponsor page with links and things like little league baseball/softball. The more local links you can get the better and remember it's not a race SEO is a long process and can take forever for the things you've done to make an impact.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Mr Smith likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

|
|
Rbriggs82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:57 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 234
View ElegantPainting's Photo Album My Photos

You can create content that blogs link to without you having to ask. We have a few images being linked on a dozen or so blogs. It's a lot of work. Hiring SEO starts at roughly a grand per month. I could PM you some contacts if you like. OR you could just run adward ads and be done with it.
ElegantPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2019, 03:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElegantPainting View Post
You can create content that blogs link to without you having to ask. We have a few images being linked on a dozen or so blogs. It's a lot of work. Hiring SEO starts at roughly a grand per month. I could PM you some contacts if you like. OR you could just run adward ads and be done with it.
I do most of the SEO work myself but follow the best SEO's in the world if I get stuck or need a hand. Currently I have 54 keywords in the top 10, and my city is large and super competitive.

As you said, they are not cheap. The dirty little secret is that after the on-page stuff is fixed some expedite the process by buying links. They won't tell you--- but part of the money they earn--- they reinvest into blackhat techniques like web 2.0's or buying backlinks.

Just visit Legiit.com if you are in need of those types of services.

Last edited by Mr Smith; 04-23-2019 at 03:27 PM..
Old 04-23-2019, 07:44 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 234
View ElegantPainting's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith View Post
I do most of the SEO work myself but follow the best SEO's in the world if I get stuck or need a hand. Currently I have 54 keywords in the top 10, and my city is large and super competitive.

As you said, they are not cheap. The dirty little secret is that after the on-page stuff is fixed some expedite the process by buying links. They won't tell you--- but part of the money they earn--- they reinvest into blackhat techniques like web 2.0's or buying backlinks.

Just visit Legiit.com if you are in need of those types of services.
I dunno.....I think those backlink companies have lots of spam sites built to give out backlinks. Google does not like that
ElegantPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:42 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 22
View vjmehta333's Photo Album My Photos

I thought I would add to this discussion since I started my life in SEO and have grown into professional services like our painting company. I would say backlinks are critical and takes time. You have to spend time with tools to look at other companies or listings that have "juice" where you can get your site on their page. One idea that can help us all is to connect with each other so long as we have some power on your sites. There are more things you can do, but that is one of them. I would first start in just making your site correct and do things like Mr. Smith and get higher ranked on keywords. That means you really have to write or get stuff written well. There are other things I would do as well.
vjmehta333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:43 PM   #7

This page should not be an old page IMO. We need to really grow this to help our community. Does anyone have any advice on how they have used google my bus?
Would be good to get feedback from all.
The Following User Says Thank You to vjmehta333 For This Useful Post:
Mr Smith (11-15-2019)
Old 11-15-2019, 04:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbriggs82 View Post
I'm crushing it but it's probably by sheer luck and that I have a real old domain name.

BBB backlink is a nice one to have, I also have one from an organization for local businesses in our area you may have one in your area it's like $100 year to be a member. Also one called membercard services which you just offer a small discount to be part of. I reminds me of those big old coupon books they used to sell but in website form. Never had anyone claim the discount but I get a link.

You need to look around and get creative with local sites, I wouldn't go paying for anything unless you're joining an organization that gives one like the BBB. Look for local charities to sponsor that have a sponsor page with links and things like little league baseball/softball. The more local links you can get the better and remember it's not a race SEO is a long process and can take forever for the things you've done to make an impact.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I must have skipped over this post...better late than never...I just signed up to be an accredited BBB member yesterday and I have no idea why I didn't in the past. I just shake my head in ignorance.

I just assumed that an A+ rating was good enough from them. Little did I know that they give you their logo to embed on your site and it brings back link juice from a high authority website. My site has always had a low 'trust authority' and now I know why.

Another benefit is you can get leads directly from the BBB. The 'get a quote' function is grey'd out for non-member companies. I think the Chamber of Commerce is another great link but costs about $1k per year.

The Canadian painters association is another, but again pricey.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjmehta333 View Post
This page should not be an old page IMO. We need to really grow this to help our community. Does anyone have any advice on how they have used google my bus?
Would be good to get feedback from all.
a GMB listing is critical for rankings, especially for ranking on Google maps 'snack pack' on page 1. That's where I get 25% of my business and it's free.
vjmehta333 likes this.

Last edited by Mr Smith; 11-15-2019 at 04:44 PM..
Old 11-15-2019, 04:40 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 1,264
View Lightningboy65's Photo Album My Photos

Kudos to those of you who keep up with the times and put the internet to use!!! I'd be lost

I never realized the cost associated with successfully employing the internet to chase leads was so high. Probably explains why many don't have success with the internet...they don't spend the money.

Word of mouth used to be the watchword....back when people actually spoke face to face. It was free, but probably involved more effort than an online campaign. And I guess if you want to be successful these days, it pays to be where people are communicating....the internet.
Lightningboy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningboy65 View Post
Kudos to those of you who keep up with the times and put the internet to use!!! I'd be lost

I never realized the cost associated with successfully employing the internet to chase leads was so high. Probably explains why many don't have success with the internet...they don't spend the money.

Word of mouth used to be the watchword....back when people actually spoke face to face. It was free, but probably involved more effort than an online campaign. And I guess if you want to be successful these days, it pays to be where people are communicating....the internet.
It's important to always put money into advertising year round to keep the pipeline full. I've had dry periods because I wasn't advertising. You have to spend money to make money. I'm not a big believer in the 'word of mouth' is all I need crowd. I know my investment with the BBB will return me a lot of business.
Repaint Florida likes this.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:29 PM   #12

Rewards Points: 1,264
View Lightningboy65's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith View Post
It's important to always put money into advertising year round to keep the pipeline full. I've had dry periods because I wasn't advertising. You have to spend money to make money. I'm not a big believer in the 'word of mouth' is all I need crowd. I know my investment with the BBB will return me a lot of business.
There was a time when WOM ruled...I wasn't being facetious when stating "...there was a time when people talked face to face". People do it a lot less these days.

I can't tell you how many business owners I've heard quip "I have a web page" or "I'm on FB", "but I don't get much business from it". Given what you have posted , it sounds like the key to using the internet is optimizing presence. Something I was vaguely aware of, but I had no idea it had such cost associated. And I bet those guys that complain of no results from using the internet don't spend much on SEO. Like any advertising, the good stuff isn't free!

It all makes more sense to me from reading your posts. Your thinking appears sound to me.
Mr Smith likes this.
Lightningboy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:49 PM   #13

It is not free, but there are a ton of things you can do to get the web working for your biz. Writing more on your site, searching for key words. I user uber suggest. I don't think I can post a link yet, so google that and search your terms to help come up with keywords. Google my biz is super critical and I would search and get your business listed if you have not yet. Another free thing to do. I would go down that route and then sprinkle in some advertising. Also, if you have a site, make sure it is MOBILE friendly and make sure you give an easy way for the consumer to call you. That will help as well. Thanks!!
Old 12-13-2019, 06:18 AM   #14

Rewards Points: 44
View silb's Photo Album My Photos

You need to be careful when buying backlinks. If it looks obvious or lacks finesse, Google will hammer you and take you right off your rankings. Do you have a site blog?
silb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:11 PM   #15

View ProjectPaint's Photo Album My Photos

we do.
we spend approx. $15k a year for internet leads.
may sound like alot, but it creates $300k rev.
Mr Smith likes this.
ProjectPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 03:38 PM   #16

Rewards Points: 4
View EnochMcD's Photo Album My Photos

I need to learn more about this stuff ... hoping to do it myself because it's SO EXPENSIVE to hire someone for this web work ...
EnochMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 09:37 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by silb View Post
You need to be careful when buying backlinks. If it looks obvious or lacks finesse, Google will hammer you and take you right off your rankings. Do you have a site blog?
Yeah I've heard that Google will basically shut you down if they find a bunch of spammy PBN links you buy from Fiverr for instance. It makes no sense for a local painting business to have thousands of links from India as an example.

Tags
None