Worked for Companies for over ten years , Starting my own business this year . - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 03-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View Dave the Painter's Photo Album My Photos
Default Worked for Companies for over ten years , Starting my own business this year .

Hey all , I have been a painter most of my adult life (over 15 years) and have the skills , tools , and am good with customers . My concern is advertising, any tips for a new company ?
Dave the Painter is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
PinheadsUnite

Rewards Points: 1,696
Thanked 17,336 Times in 10,141 Posts
View daArch's Photo Album My Photos

Dave,

first welcome, and congrats on taking this big step.

How to get your name out there has been long discussed many times by many folks here on Paint Talk. And some of those people no longer participate, so you won't hear from them

websites, doorhangers, going door to door, word of mouth, billboards, magazine ads, email spam, cards at the paint store, business card dispenser on your vehicle, vehicle wraps, and more have all been discussed.

May I suggest that for a comprehensive overlook on the different options, you try to search past posts. Yes I know it will be a tedious task, but I have a feeling you will see a lot more options than only what people will offer in this thread.

the section to start your search would be Business, Marketing, and Sales

Now to answer your question, I am getting the most bang for my buck with my website, but being a paperhanger, marketing strategies are different.

"Are we having fun yet"
daArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
RH

Rewards Points: 10,332
Thanked 15,366 Times in 8,050 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to PT! Bill gave you some good advice. Start with what he suggested. Good luck with your business.

Groucho Marx
RH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
still in the bucket

Rewards Points: 500
View cdaniels's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome from eastern NC.Bill made great suggestions.Word of quality work and fair prices gets around pretty fast.Good luck to you.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 530
View Dunbar Painting's Photo Album My Photos

you have certainly come to the right place. A lot of people have asked these questions before and there are constantly new discussions on stuff such as marketing that reinvigorate old discussions and add to it as well. Use the search function and you will find out a lot of info! Then you can also ask specific questions!~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is actually Coby, Dunbar is the community I live in!
Dunbar Painting is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None