Spraying Single Stage out Airless - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Surface Preparation and Application

Old 04-19-2009, 10:36 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150
View NuView Painting's Photo Album My Photos
Default Spraying Single Stage out Airless

I know this may sound dumb.. but has anyone ever tried spraying single stage out of an airless I know it would have to be cleaned very well for it not to harden..just wanted to hear your thoughts
NuView Painting is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2009, 10:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuView Painting View Post
I know this may sound dumb.. but has anyone ever tried spraying single stage out of an airless I know it would have to be cleaned very well for it not to harden..just wanted to hear your thoughts
I saw this and didnt know how good the finish was.. was it able to shoot single stage paint like an automotive paint . if you was to shoot metal doors would there be any orange peel or texture affect..has anyone use this machine before??

http://store.spraymallstore.com/fipro39fiair.html
Old 04-22-2009, 10:43 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 428
Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,184 Posts
View WisePainter's Photo Album My Photos

My dream machine, I saw it in action at an SW contractor lunch. I cannot justify the price at the moment, but if I had more cabinets in my future...ceilings in inhabited areas are another good place to use this tool.
WisePainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #4

I wonder whats the psi coming out ...with out shooting a line.. i really didnt look for any iso's on it just thought id ask the family first
Old 04-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 380
View Veith@toast.net's Photo Album My Photos

What type of product, are you thinking of? Just feeling lost trying to figure out your project.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Veith@toast.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:29 PM   #6
Formerly ModernStyle

Rewards Points: 250
View In Demand's Photo Album My Photos

The air assisted 390 is nice, but not only do you have to figure in the purchase price of the machine, you also have to remeber that the guns ,hoses, and housings are different then a normal airless and are alot more expensive.
I have used one quite a few times and it does cut way down on the amount of product used and the amount of overspray created. I just worry that it will be like the digital controls on the Graco's, something that I never needed, but tends to break and cost me more.
In Demand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
What type of product, are you thinking of? Just feeling lost trying to figure out your project.
Along side my houses... Ive invested in a Spray Chrome System.. im having issues with my air not be pure no has moisture ..so If i can get rid of the air I get rid of my problem ...im gonna be doing some cement statues for starters the top coat can be tinted with any color..its not limited to automotive ..but its hard to get right..thats for sure
Old 05-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 75
View StefanC's Photo Album My Photos

I would just buy an automotive cup gun if I were looking to shoot single stage.

I've had the Finish-Pro 390 since around when they came out. It's just a small airless machine with an external compressor and an air cap on the gun. It works great for shooting trim at lower pressures, but you still end up at around 1000+psi paint pressure. I would never even consider buying one for single stage when you can get a great auto paint gun and air system for a much cheaper price. Invest the money in a quality separator system.
StefanC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None