Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Spraying Single Stage out Airless

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  StefanC 
#1 ·
I know this may sound dumb.. but has anyone ever tried spraying single stage out of an airless I know it would have to be cleaned very well for it not to harden..just wanted to hear your thoughts

#7 ·
Along side my houses... Ive invested in a Spray Chrome System.. im having issues with my air not be pure no has moisture ..so If i can get rid of the air I get rid of my problem ...im gonna be doing some cement statues for starters the top coat can be tinted with any color..its not limited to automotive ..but its hard to get right..thats for sure

#6 ·
The air assisted 390 is nice, but not only do you have to figure in the purchase price of the machine, you also have to remeber that the guns ,hoses, and housings are different then a normal airless and are alot more expensive.
I have used one quite a few times and it does cut way down on the amount of product used and the amount of overspray created. I just worry that it will be like the digital controls on the Graco's, something that I never needed, but tends to break and cost me more.

#8 ·
I would just buy an automotive cup gun if I were looking to shoot single stage.

I've had the Finish-Pro 390 since around when they came out. It's just a small airless machine with an external compressor and an air cap on the gun. It works great for shooting trim at lower pressures, but you still end up at around 1000+psi paint pressure. I would never even consider buying one for single stage when you can get a great auto paint gun and air system for a much cheaper price. Invest the money in a quality separator system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.