XIM Latex X-tender: I brought some in... - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Surface Preparation and Application

Old 07-17-2008, 12:56 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 154
View Faron79's Photo Album My Photos
Default XIM Latex X-tender: I brought some in...

Hello from Fargo!
Finally decided to try this little gem of a product in our store!

(We have C2, ACE-Royal, & Ralph-Lauren paints)

For the Pro Applicators out there...

* What are some good selling hints for this stuff?
* From a consumers point-of-view, is it better than recommending Floetrol for certain situations?
(I've got these 2 side-by-side on the shelf!)
* I've developed pretty decent "paint knowledge" over the years, but this little guy is a new wrinkle for me.

Thanks for any tips!

Faron
Faron79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
tsevnami

Rewards Points: 1,000
View tsunamicontract's Photo Album My Photos

Well, I would get rid of the RL paints. Some of the worst paint I have used. Hopeing to try the X-tender soon though.
tsunamicontract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:01 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 154
View Faron79's Photo Album My Photos
Default XIM comments needed...

Interesting RL comment though...

We go through a LOT of the stuff!
Just had a client get 16 gallons today...
I've used it, and liked it a lot.
(not as much as using the C2 though...!!)

Faron
Faron79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2008, 03:47 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 25
View Libertine's Photo Album My Photos

How much of XIM's X-Tender is water i wonder? Painters on Painterforum.com seem to like it a lot.
Libertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:46 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,138
Thanked 1,033 Times in 462 Posts
View NACE's Photo Album My Photos

The XIM Extender is terrific. It is glycol based though, so it can soften the film slightly. What makes it different is some ingrediant that makes it slippery without making the paint too "rubbery" like other extenders do. I just used the Benjamin Moore 518 Extender in AURA Exterior flat, low luster, and semi gloss, this week and compared it to the XIM. The Ben Moore was a totally different experience. It is resin based, contains no glycol or VOC, and strengthens the products rather than imparts negative characteristics. Totally changed the AURA to a slippery, great brushing, unbelievable leveling product. Gave much better open time than the XIM, which is very good. The 632 Semi Gloss looked like the hood of a freshly waxed car it leveled so well. I could not believe it. I like the XIM in interior products. Have not tried the Ben Moore in any interior products.
NACE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None