do you add anything to your rinse bucket? - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Wallcoverings

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Woodco

Old 05-13-2019, 08:30 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 4,836
View Woodco's Photo Album My Photos
Default do you add anything to your rinse bucket?

I've never put anything in my rinse bucket, and I was just curious if any of you guys put anything in your water, like a couple drops of soap or anything.
Whiskey likes this.
Woodco is online now   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2019, 10:04 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 160
View Vinyl 54X's Photo Album My Photos

My brother used to put a capful of Murphy's oil soap in his rinse water. He swore it would cut through paste residue. I thought it just made it difficult to tell if you needed to change the water. I like to be able to see what I am reaching for.
Vinyl 54X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:35 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 3,205
View jennifertemple's Photo Album My Photos

Nope, Just water but do wash the in laundry soap at the end of the day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
In Time: "You learn that you really can endure...That you really are strong, And you really do have worth, And you learn and learn and learn..."
jennifertemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2019, 02:41 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,642
View Brushman4's Photo Album My Photos

A little bit of Dirtex in warm water is as Tony says GREAT.
Brushman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:08 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 4,836
View Woodco's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl 54X View Post
My brother used to put a capful of Murphy's oil soap in his rinse water. He swore it would cut through paste residue. I thought it just made it difficult to tell if you needed to change the water. I like to be able to see what I am reaching for.
Doing commercial vinyl, I assume?

If I were doing vinyl I'd probably put a couple drops of dawn, but for wallpaper, It seems like a bad idea to wipe any chemicals whatsoever on the surface.
Woodco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:55 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 160
View Vinyl 54X's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodco View Post
Doing commercial vinyl, I assume?

If I were doing vinyl I'd probably put a couple drops of dawn, but for wallpaper, It seems like a bad idea to wipe any chemicals whatsoever on the surface.
No he never left residential and he never did new homes. Always the dirtiest. People who would get new wallpaper but cheap out on painting the base ceilings or trim. I remember one of his jobs I was cutting to the base behind the toilet. When I went to wipe the glue off the base my returned sponge filthy and covered in hair. I almost puked right there. Maybe he used the soap to clean his clients dirty houses. Wallpaper and Fabrics I try not to get any paste or water on if I do I'll let it dry and flake it off later.
Vinyl 54X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:15 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 690
View Gwarel's Photo Album My Photos

For residential work I just use clean water and a clean towel. When I do commercial work I use white vinegar from a spray bottle, let it soak for a few minutes and then a clean towel. I try as hard as I can to keep it clean as I go, for me the extra effort is worth it in the end.
Gwarel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:11 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 28
View Whiskey's Photo Album My Photos

I would keep a bucket heater in the water so I could always keep my washing water warm. Sometimes I would put my lunch in tubberware and set it in the water with the bucket heater and warm up my lunch. I did have one time the lid came off and leaked my split pea soup in the water. No lunch that day.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None