How to tell GPM on a Pressure washer? - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Pressure Washing

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By MikeCalifornia
  • 2 Post By ParamountPaint
  • 2 Post By Michael's Painting

Old 06-22-2018, 09:25 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 420
View Worker Bee's Photo Album My Photos
Default How to tell GPM on a Pressure washer?

Theres nothing on the washer to GPM... is 3000 PSI, but it hits WAY harder than even the 5000 PSI washer I have used in the past.

a zero tip will etch concrete... itll clean 30+ feet...tear vinyl siding off a house in your not careful.

I have seen this washer bog down if the home owner is using the dishwasher a shower... or a washing machine...

It will totally collapse a 1/2 garden hose something ugly.. it also is a beast of a machine..... over 200lbs... I bought a 1,000lb lift table just to load it on my truck myself...

no idea of GPM but I warn homeowners - no dishwashing, no showers, no washing machine use while we are there.
Worker Bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2018, 10:02 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 924
View MikeCalifornia's Photo Album My Photos

look up the model on the internet
MikeCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:20 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 92
View ParamountPaint's Photo Album My Photos

Spray it into a bucket and see how long it takes to fill up.
Brushman4 and Worker Bee like this.
ParamountPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2018, 06:52 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 10
View Michael's Painting's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worker Bee View Post
Theres nothing on the washer to GPM... is 3000 PSI, but it hits WAY harder than even the 5000 PSI washer I have used in the past.

a zero tip will etch concrete... itll clean 30+ feet...tear vinyl siding off a house in your not careful.

I have seen this washer bog down if the home owner is using the dishwasher a shower... or a washing machine...

It will totally collapse a 1/2 garden hose something ugly.. it also is a beast of a machine..... over 200lbs... I bought a 1,000lb lift table just to load it on my truck myself...

no idea of GPM but I warn homeowners - no dishwashing, no showers, no washing machine use while we are there.
Go to pressuretek.com "Gauges"
Attached Images

Michael's Painting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:09 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 420
View Worker Bee's Photo Album My Photos

Im gonna do the 5 gallon bucket test... wish me luck lol
Worker Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:50 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 1,674
View Mr Smith's Photo Album My Photos

Every pressure washer is rated for a Max PSI. Get the manual if uncertain about your model.

Find the dial on the pressure washer and crank it up to full pressure. Place a line with a magic marker there. (you can buy industrial magic markers that last forever and won't wash out)

Then crank it back to lowest pressure and place a mark. All you have to do next is place a mark in the middle to find the 1/2 pressure. Or place two (2) more marks divide the PW into 25% increments.

So 3/4 pressure of a 3,000 PSI unit is 2250 PSI

Last edited by Mr Smith; 07-14-2018 at 01:54 PM..
Mr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:13 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 636
Thanked 4,457 Times in 2,447 Posts
View Wildbill7145's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith View Post
Every pressure washer is rated for a Max PSI. Get the manual if uncertain about your model.

Find the dial on the pressure washer and crank it up to full pressure. Place a line with a magic marker there. (you can buy industrial magic markers that last forever and won't wash out)

Then crank it back to lowest pressure and place a mark. All you have to do next is place a mark in the middle to find the 1/2 pressure. Or place two (2) more marks divide the PW into 25% increments.

So 3/4 pressure of a 3,000 PSI unit is 2250 PSI

Interesting. I don't think my pressure washer even has a dial to control the pressure. It has a throttle control to control the engine speed, which is what I've always assumed would control the pressure. I always have the thing set wide open anyways.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wildbill7145 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None