Needing a bigger pressure washer. Is this thing worth it? - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Pressure Washing

Old 08-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 572
View mpminter's Photo Album My Photos
Default Needing a bigger pressure washer. Is this thing worth it?

So I just found this pressure washer. Is this thing worth the money?
mpminter is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe

Rewards Points: 1,172
Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,569 Posts
View ReNt A PaInTeR's Photo Album My Photos

I'm not familiar with those pumps, PM Mr. fix it ,he knows for sure if it's worth it or not

|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
ReNt A PaInTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #3

Good idea, I think I'll do that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 250
View Roof Cleaning's Photo Album My Photos

depends on what you will be using it for?

For a fulltime pw'ng co you would want a 5.5 belt driven general ts 2021.

this is a good unit tho, depends on what you need out of it?

Roof Cleaning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,030
Thanked 2,924 Times in 1,541 Posts
View PatsPainting's Photo Album My Photos

Those are not bad pumps, They basically are generics that allot of company's use. I have a airlessco pump that looks about the same as that one. What you really want to do is research the actual pump on the thing.

Pat

PatsPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 8
Thanked 3,481 Times in 1,798 Posts
View Bender's Photo Album My Photos

The Honda GX motors are pretty tough.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #7
House Painting Reading PA

View 4ThGeneration's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpminter View Post
So I just found this pressure washer. Is this thing worth the money?
Call Tom Vogel from ACR Products. He owns a power washing company as well and knows his stuff. Tell him jimmy sent ya.

(610) 253-8005
In Berks County PA 484-334-1311
4ThGeneration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 286
View Slopmeyer's Photo Album My Photos

Never heard of the pump manufacture ,but it looks pretty sweet to me. And for the price you cant beat it if the pump manu. is good. Mine is a about 10 yrs old 11 hp honda motor with a general pump. 3-3.5 gall. per minute and it was $1500 back in the day. great machine
Slopmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 3,012
Thanked 5,801 Times in 2,487 Posts
View PressurePros's Photo Album My Photos

If unloader is built into pump... run. It looks like it is in that picture. Unloaders go long before pumps do. A pro machine should have the capability to swap them/bolt on. I'm not a big fan of AR pumps either.

From a generic standpoint.. I like the Honda GX motors mated to General pumps. General pumps are like small blocks. Plenty of parts and easy to rebuild.

PressurePros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Cleaning View Post
depends on what you will be using it for?

For a fulltime pw'ng co you would want a 5.5 belt driven general ts 2021.

this is a good unit tho, depends on what you need out of it?
I'm not a fulltime PW company by any stretch. I am a small time painting contractor who uses a pressure washer to clean houses and strip decks from time to time. I have started using a low pressure, chemical based system for washing vinyl, and I find that my current machine really does not have the flow to be efficient. I have had the same pressure washer now for 6 years, and it has served me well. It is a 5.5 horse honda mated to an AR pump (same manufacturer as the machine in question) that is pushing 2.3 gpm at 2400 psi. Basically, it's an upper mid-grade home owner unit. I would like to start doing more pressure washing, but I don't have the business to justify an expensive belt driven machine yet. A 4 gpm, 4000 psi direct drive unit like the one here would more that meet my needs for the time being.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 5,929 Times in 3,434 Posts
View vermontpainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
If unloader is built into pump... run. It looks like it is in that picture. Unloaders go long before pumps do. A pro machine should have the capability to swap them/bolt on. I'm not a big fan of AR pumps either.

From a generic standpoint.. I like the Honda GX motors mated to General pumps. General pumps are like small blocks. Plenty of parts and easy to rebuild.
I'm so calling Bob W and telling him Kenny sent me.

vermontpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermontpainter View Post
I'm so calling Bob W and telling him Kenny sent me.
I get a dollar off of shipping every time I send a new customer

The Following User Says Thank You to PressurePros For This Useful Post:
vermontpainter (08-03-2011)
Old 08-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #13
House Painting Reading PA

View 4ThGeneration's Photo Album My Photos

Imagine the surprise when people do not even by from power washing companies in their back yard when they actually bs about all they do? Are all people from Vermont saps? Hmmm thats the question

I know a guy who will sell ya a BE power washer cheap if you have the time to drive to their place 3 or 4 times and in the end realize there never was a BE
In Berks County PA 484-334-1311

Last edited by 4ThGeneration; 08-04-2011 at 08:19 AM..
4ThGeneration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #14

There was a company called Eskimo Power Wash Supplies that actually used to sell cheap machines. Strange name I know. They must have gone out of business which I knew was coming because every winter their website would get turned off. There is also ETS, Equipment Trade Services about 5 miles from me that has some decent deals on used pro equipment. Are you near Philly?

http://www.shopetsonline.com/

Last edited by PressurePros; 08-04-2011 at 09:38 AM..
Old 08-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #15

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 5,929 Times in 3,434 Posts
View vermontpainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
There was a company called Eskimo Power Wash Supplies that actually used to sell cheap machines. Strange name I know. They must have gone out of business which I knew was coming because every winter their website would get turned off. There is also ETS, Equipment Trade Services about 5 miles from me that has some decent deals on used pro equipment. Are you near Philly?

http://etscompany.com/wordpress/
I remember sled dogs in the logo

vermontpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #16

I had a 5.6 AR direct drive with 16hp briggs on it that lasted a good while.
We also have a general direct drive 4gpm with a 13gtx honda pushing it.

The 4gpm on a 100 feet of hose will pull a REALLY nice ratio with a downstream injector.

Had my ts2021 belt now for a couple years and she is like a Cadillac.
You can run surface cleaners fast, with a 0060 you can hose down just about anything. Couple that with a nice 12v system and you will kick ass and take names. Using a 14gpm chem pump atm and with my ts2021 (2520 tip) we are pretty fast.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #17

In my never ending search for good equipment I found a Graco 4030 on craig's list for $700. It's a belt driven 4 gpm machine flowing 3000psi. It has a honda GX motor and a General pump with what looks like a bolt on unloader. The guy that owns it now said that they just used it to wash trucks (he's a landscaper) and the guys were using too much pressure so they're downgrading. Their loss will be my gain! Hopefully I'll pick it up on Monday
Old 08-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #18

Nice find!

I got my 4gpm general used also. A local pw'ng company called and said they were going out of biz and moving. I picked it up for 250!!!!hoses, summit reel and a really nice soft brush.

Had it serviced and she still runs great.

Check out some of the forums around, with so much eqpt being sold at the events etc the markets seem flooded (at least down here) 8 out of 10 of them will be selling the 6 month old eqpt. That would be were I would look if I were looking for some specialized cleaning eqpt on the cheap. Chems I bet you could talk em down to just shipping if you buy the eqpt...

Old 08-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #19

Rewards Points: 570
View mr.fixit's Photo Album My Photos

Ken is correct if it has a built in unloader run and personally I would not give you a nickel for a Cat pump. The most important thing to remember is that nobody manufactures pressure washers, all of these companies just assembly parts & pieces from other manufacturers. Honda engines are good as are Subaru. Giant,General and AR are all good pumps. there is always the belt drive versus direct drive debate but I my opinion if you have 3500 psi ant 3 gallon per minute or whatever the numbers are it does not matter what is driving the pump. But of course I just repair them Ken may have a different opinion as he works with them all day

mr.fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #20

just an update, I bought the machine, and it looks like it has been very lightly used! It turns out it has a Comet pump, not a general, but it looks like I could put a general on there if I wanted to. The carburetor was gunked up from lack of use but a quick cleaning and an oil change and it runs like a champ! HUGE improvement over my little 5hp honda!

Tags
None