Recommendations on ONLY electric power washers - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Pressure Washing

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gymschu

Old 03-15-2019, 07:59 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 362
View cardgunner's Photo Album My Photos
Default Recommendations on ONLY electric power washers

I searched this section of the forum for electric and there are only a few posts with very few recent recommendations. Everything I read says for wood you don't need anything with higher then 2200 psi. I only paint a couple exteriors a year. I will not sub out, I like to do it all myself. I got some good ideas from the reviews on Family Handyman but I'm not convinced on their recommendation. I like the this hyde tool for when I find the unit. I don't want the maintenance with a gas or the weight. I want the best electric I can get, within reason $$$.

My recent project is 450' of fence. I'm hoping I can get it washed now so when the weather gets nice and warm enough I can just paint. I'm in the northeast. So prep in the cold.

Any help, please and thank you.
cardgunner is online now   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2019, 02:42 PM   #2
Paint to fish

Rewards Points: 148
Thanked 5,137 Times in 2,796 Posts
View DeanV's Photo Album My Photos

The downside is that for washing a house, it is GPM that matters more than PSI. An electric won't deliver the volume of water you need, spray it high enough, etc.
DeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:49 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,130
View Gymschu's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanV View Post
The downside is that for washing a house, it is GPM that matters more than PSI. An electric won't deliver the volume of water you need, spray it high enough, etc.
I will have to agree with DeanV, the electric units just don't have enough OOMF to clean well enough for paint to adhere properly after cleaning and drying. I used an electric a few years back when my gas PW died on me in the middle of cleaning a home. It just didn't cut it and for some reason it kept blowing fuses that were part of the internal guts of the unit. I had to buy 3 or 4 of those small, round fuses used in units like those.
Holland likes this.
Gymschu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None