Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Girl Boss
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
@fauxlynn did u see last months Veranda declared “a dramatic return for decorative painting“?

I guess I missed the memo that it had ever gone away....hahaha.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I'm not sure if this qualifies, but check this video out. It looks simple enough for anyone to do this type of decorative painting.

·
Girl Boss
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm not sure if this qualifies, but check this video out. It looks simple enough for anyone to do this type of decorative painting.

https://youtu.be/F1MgqiTMo6k

Heck ya!!

U can post finish videos ANY day of the week, I live for those rabbit holes :)!

Watchin that brought major flash backs of my 1st off-campus apartment...Did almost the EXACT same thing on living room wall.

Only difference was I used high-gloss & flat sheens in same color (super revolutionary back then lemme tell ya ) rolled haphazardly & blended with a rag so it shimmered from certain angles.

Wish I had a picture, but musta been cool cuz I remember having to explain how it was done a million times when ppl saw it for the first time.

Also covered wall behind my bed in a deep red fabric by using liquid starch. That wall was bullet proof for over 3 years, not even 1 wrinkle ...then move out time came & I had to try n cover the red stains left behind with primer.

That color musta soaked down through the drywall cuz I recall frantically rollin something like the 3rd primer coat 10min before our final walk-through & it still had pink tint!

Always a glutton for punishment, can ya guess the first thing I did in my new book place? Cover my bedroom door in deep purple dyed silk...using liquid starch...of course!

If only someone had pointed out that I may be tryin to go down the wrong path & I’d eventually become a decorative finisher I coulda saved 6 years + A LOT of debt....*sigh, youth*

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
You’re awesome covering doors in silk!
Anyway, I missed that issue, probably sitting on my desk. I hope things are on the rise, just gotta keep my foot in the door I guess.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Decorative Arts for walls

I have my vinyl records up on my wall with each one as sort of a picture. Its a cool way to display your musical taste.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.