Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) What Marketing Strategies Work For Getting Interior Painting Leads For Winter ?

2) Have You Tried Sending out postcards to generate leads for interior work in winter is it worth it

3) What has worked best for you to get interior painting work in winter months

P.S.

Any other suggestions based on questions I did not ask ...

·
Registered
Property Manager
61 Posts
Here is my 2 cents. FWIW I have quite a few years marketing with some fairly hefty budgets but that is a different world from when you are just starting out. I would, in no particular order:

I would forget the postcard idea. Expensive and you would need to blanket 10,000's of homes to get 1 lead. You can't afford direct mail. Time is critical at this point. The hour is late.

Scope out any and all high quality neighborhoods within your driving range. Find out if there are Nextdoor neighborhood groups for those 'hoods. Google how to connect your business to those groups. Lots of info out there. Talk not only about your business but those things you see that concern those group members. Once you close a job, ask for a recommendation on Nextdoor. My son-in-law has a custom closet company and he closed his biggest job of the year based solely on a customer recommendation on Nextdoor. Gets calls from Nextdoor members every month.

What do you say in your ads? Since you are new and haven't built a reputation yet talk about customers concerns. Trustworthy. We do what we promise. On time. Clear communication. Quality work backed by... satisfaction guarantee, x year warranty, etc.

My wife is an interior designer. Works entirely by referral. She suggests hooking up with a local designer to help your customers make good color choices. That is a big issue for many customers. No confidence in their ability to choose colors that work for them. Offer free professional color consultation. Pay the designer for an hour or 2 of her time.

The holidays are coming up. People will start to gather again. Houses have been beat up with adults working from home and kids remote learning. Let customers know if they book by such and such a date you can have their repaint done on time for holidays.

Connect with any designers within a 50 mile radius. Find out who they currently recommend for painting. Try and work out a professional business arrangement that can benefit both businesses.

Facebook marketing is affordable but must be babysat and tweaked continually.

Google SEO can be a time consuming rabbit hole but can pay dividends. If you not familiar I would find a local company to guide you and pay them to do it to optimize results. Possibly a college student studying marketing?

Remember, all your efforts should aim at making the phone ring. When it does, answer on the 3rd ring, the person answering has 10 seconds to make a good impression. "You need an estimate? It would be my pleasure."

The person on site (wearing a company logo'd polo shirt) is now charged with the primary job of getting the customer to "like" them so to speak. People don't spend money with people they don't like unless you're the *hole brain surgeon with a stellar reputation. Don't give them the estimate now. Measure, listen, go home and do a professional knock your socks off estimate. If pressed for a price you can say " I've done jobs this size before and they usually run from $x to $y." Just know the customer now has $x seared into their brain.

Don't come in @ x and try not to be at $y if you can help it. Some people have found success by offering a "good, better, best" scenario. Consider a discount to get the ball rolling. Call the discount what you want. Seasonal, new customer, etc.

24 hours later the customer has a detailed estimate (not a quote) in their hands describing every step along the way, what you will do and a couple of "don't do's".

Follow up with a call and ask for the business.

Houses are selling, people are moving. Connect with the most successful relators in your area. Ask how you can become a recommended business for their customers

Try Welcome Wagon. They used to give baskets to new residents with goodies and business cards, etc.

There are very successful companies on this forum and I'm sure they have some ideas to share with you.
When you are starting out you do things you don't do after you've got 20 years under your belt.

Out of time. Good Luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is my 2 cents. FWIW I have quite a few years marketing with some fairly hefty budgets but that is a different world from when you are just starting out. I would, in no particular order:

I would forget the postcard idea. Expensive and you would need to blanket 10,000's of homes to get 1 lead. You can't afford direct mail. Time is critical at this point. The hour is late.

Scope out any and all high quality neighborhoods within your driving range. Find out if there are Nextdoor neighborhood groups for those 'hoods. Google how to connect your business to those groups. Lots of info out there. Talk not only about your business but those things you see that concern those group members. Once you close a job, ask for a recommendation on Nextdoor. My son-in-law has a custom closet company and he closed his biggest job of the year based solely on a customer recommendation on Nextdoor. Gets calls from Nextdoor members every month.

What do you say in your ads? Since you are new and haven't built a reputation yet talk about customers concerns. Trustworthy. We do what we promise. On time. Clear communication. Quality work backed by... satisfaction guarantee, x year warranty, etc.

My wife is an interior designer. Works entirely by referral. She suggests hooking up with a local designer to help your customers make good color choices. That is a big issue for many customers. No confidence in their ability to choose colors that work for them. Offer free professional color consultation. Pay the designer for an hour or 2 of her time.

The holidays are coming up. People will start to gather again. Houses have been beat up with adults working from home and kids remote learning. Let customers know if they book by such and such a date you can have their repaint done on time for holidays.

Connect with any designers within a 50 mile radius. Find out who they currently recommend for painting. Try and work out a professional business arrangement that can benefit both businesses.

Facebook marketing is affordable but must be babysat and tweaked continually.

Google SEO can be a time consuming rabbit hole but can pay dividends. If you not familiar I would find a local company to guide you and pay them to do it to optimize results. Possibly a college student studying marketing?

Remember, all your efforts should aim at making the phone ring. When it does, answer on the 3rd ring, the person answering has 10 seconds to make a good impression. "You need an estimate? It would be my pleasure."

The person on site (wearing a company logo'd polo shirt) is now charged with the primary job of getting the customer to "like" them so to speak. People don't spend money with people they don't like unless you're the *hole brain surgeon with a stellar reputation. Don't give them the estimate now. Measure, listen, go home and do a professional knock your socks off estimate. If pressed for a price you can say " I've done jobs this size before and they usually run from $x to $y." Just know the customer now has $x seared into their brain.

Don't come in @ x and try not to be at $y if you can help it. Some people have found success by offering a "good, better, best" scenario. Consider a discount to get the ball rolling. Call the discount what you want. Seasonal, new customer, etc.

24 hours later the customer has a detailed estimate (not a quote) in their hands describing every step along the way, what you will do and a couple of "don't do's".

Follow up with a call and ask for the business.

Houses are selling, people are moving. Connect with the most successful relators in your area. Ask how you can become a recommended business for their customers

Try Welcome Wagon. They used to give baskets to new residents with goodies and business cards, etc.

There are very successful companies on this forum and I'm sure they have some ideas to share with you.
When you are starting out you do things you don't do after you've got 20 years under your belt.

Out of time. Good Luck.
Thank you so much for your detailed suggestions Edwin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts