Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our BM store has been out of the 4" Wooster micro fiber or micro plush cigar roller covers. It's been months. No problem because I used what I had and washed them till their stock came in. Well it's not in and had to get some arroworthy brand in the meantime. They didn't fit the the Wooster frame well. Extremely tight. I looked on the Wooster site and they don't have the 4" listed. Maybe discontinued? Anyone know? In the event they are discontinued what are others using for 4" micro fiber cigar style cover, NOT the weezy style. Can't stand them, they never roll right.

This is what the covers go on

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Our BM store has been out of the 4" Wooster micro fiber or micro plush cigar roller covers. It's been months. No problem because I used what I had and washed them till their stock came in. Well it's not in and had to get some arroworthy brand in the meantime. They didn't fit the the Wooster frame well. Extremely tight. I looked on the Wooster site and they don't have the 4" listed. Maybe discontinued? Anyone know? In the event they are discontinued what are others using for 4" micro fiber cigar style cover, NOT the weezy style. Can't stand them, they never roll right.

What is your reason for insisting on wooster style mini rollers?

I use wire frames with 4" micro fiber covers (3/8 and 1/2").
They are easier to source (both the frame and the covers), so I can keep my costs lower, and at the same time make slightly more profit. I do not feel bad about pitching the covers when they're used up, and replacing them with a new one.

May Coco can source those for you. He knows people.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I used to hate the wire frames and never used them until it came to microfibers, and I couldn't find good micro fiber covers for the jumbo koter frames.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is your reason for insisting on wooster style mini rollers?

I use wire frames with 4" micro fiber covers (3/8 and 1/2").
They are easier to source (both the frame and the covers), so I can keep my costs lower, and at the same time make slightly more profit. I do not feel bad about pitching the covers when they're used up, and replacing them with a new one.

May Coco can source those for you. He knows people.
Maybe it's just me but I can not get the wire from rollers to actually roll. Evetime I use them they slide more then they roll. I've only used the Purdy frame and Purdy covers.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I can not get the wire from rollers to actually roll. Evetime I use them they slide more then they roll. I've only used the Purdy frame and Purdy covers.

The only time I have problems with rolling, is when the frame is not clean:
Scrape with utility knife first to make sure the wire is smooth, and remove build-up.
and/or take a piece of rough sandpaper, wrap it around the metal, and then spin it.

Otherwise, I don't know. Don't have a problem with rolling. Use them all the time.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Like Holland, I don't have trouble if they're reasonably clean (and a utility knife and some sandpaper are required at times). I'm wondering whether or not you might be rolling with too much pressure as that can get it sliding rather than rolling.

·
Registered
52 Posts

I might have a bag of those. I don’t use them!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Wooster like many other manufacturers was having production and raw material shortages. They are focusing on their higher moving products and some others are taking a back seat in the production line.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have issue with them rolling, but usually just on narrow things where there just isn't enough friction. Like door frames or hand rails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts