Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

A lil contract poaching!

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Tmrrptr 
#1 ·
Can any of you guys/gals e-mail me some of your contracts so I can compare them to what I've been working on?I've never actually seen any companies complete contract, I just put mine together from bits and pieces that I've gathered a long the way!I've only been in biz two years and luckily I haven't gotten burnt yet (knock on wood) I would just like to see if/what I'm missing, so that I never do! Thanks a lot!

#11 ·
I am just going to attach them here. I forgot I could.

If this is a problem someone please let me know. Brian if this isn't what you intended when you gave this out the first time, so long ago, please tell me and I will remove it.

The only reason I am so quick to share this contract is because of the generosity of the person who gave it to me (I think Tim Bodine or PremeirPainting). It has been a huge help in growing my business.

So I just want everyone who grabs this for free to know that Brian put a lot of hard work and/or money into its creation. Appreciate that fact as you avoid getting you a$$ sued off. ;)

Attachments

#14 ·
Yes, I print out two copies and edit before printing if needed

Those contracts posted look very similar to mine, I'm sure I either got mine from you Humble, or they had the same parent

That's actually how I found Nathan's Contractor Talk
I was tired of getting hosed and was looking to beef up my contracts

Now they are at the point where I use them as a sales tool
I show the customer how yes it covers me, but also covers them
Which usually get a "huh?"
Then I show them where it says I will sand, I will prime, I will use two coats
Isn't it better to have that spelled out in writing?
I know it's closed more than a few deals for me

#15 ·
They were getting passed around a lot back on ContractorTalk.com. I have modified my copy over the years as I am sure everyone has.

I am fairly positive Brian Phillips is the original author because if you click on properties and then Summary his name is listed as the author.

Not on my copies, but the originals I got a few years ago on CT.com.

EDIT: I agree with you about it helping with sales. Anything you can do to gain their confidence will help.

#16 ·
I'll toss a copy of mine out there too. And yes, a big thanks to Brian Phillips for the bones of this document. I also mugged some stuff from Ken Anderson, Ken Sisco, and others who I can't remember right now. I'll also add one of my commercial proposals too.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.