Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I once saw a piece on TV about a commercial rat trapper. I believe he plied his trade in Thailand. He would load them in a couple of cages fastened to his scooter or bike (I forget which it was), and off to market he would go. These cages were about the size of a clothes washer and packed with 100's of rats destined for the pot!:scooter:
Marshal Rooster Cogburn once killed a rat. It was all legal though. He had- and I quote- "A rat writ, writ for a rat".

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
On the topic of bats...although I posted this story before... this thread reminds me of the time when a client wanted one of my formulas for an approved sample I made, only wanting another company to do the work. Rather than send them the actual formula for their other painters, I had changed out 2 key ingredients with Sunleaves brand Jamaican Bat Guano and Growler Brand Wolf Urine, giving them sh$t and pi$$ instead, sending them the link to the PredatorPee store where they could purchase the wolf urine:

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/EmoN4g8

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
On the non-desktop version of this site I clicked on the off topic category and your thread stopped at the word Mexican.

It looked like this from my iPhone:
The bomb consisted of a bomb-shaped casing with over a thousand compartments, each containing a hibernating Mexican

I was afraid to open it up wondering where you were going with it.
That was funny enough to make me consider getting a smart phone just for laughs!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
That was funny enough to make me consider getting a smart phone just for laughs!
Motorola is redoing the Razor flip phone...an updated version. It will be $1500, so I'm sure it's plenty smart. But will have that "throwback" flip case.

I certainly remember when the flip phone was cuttin' edge....now it's nostalgic!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I suppose weaponized animals have been a part of combat and law enforcement for years.

I recently read an inspiring book titled Touching The Dragon, by retired Navy Seal James Hatch. The book details James career as a Navy Seal K9 handler and the long recovery he endured from a career ending injury suffered during a mission in Iraq. The book also describes the unique bond between the dogs and their handlers, and the incredible feeling of loss and honor when one is wounded or killed in action.

The following site is an organization James Hatch started. https://www.spikesk9fund.org/

·
Girl Boss
489 Posts
Before opening it I thought the post might resemble something along the lines of director Alejandro Damiani’s controversial short film, M.A.M.O.N., where they come raining out of the sky, similar to the hibernating ordnance/payload indicated in the thread, not knowing the ordnance/payload was bats due to where the post got cut off.

https://vimeo.com/292553594

No joke- I spit my wine out projectile...had to go tell the Mr & we laughed so hard I couldn’t breathe...chambers filled with hibernating Mexicans....

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
No joke- I spit my wine out projectile...had to go tell the Mr & we laughed so hard I couldn’t breathe...chambers filled with hibernating Mexicans....
I was having a late night snack, darn near inhaling my food from laughing so hard when reading it, visualizing it just like in the film clip I had posted

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
With the onset of global warming, hibernation has become a thing of the past. This bomb will not work under present day meteorological conditions.:glasses:

Chalk one up for global warming!

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
With the onset of global warming, hibernation has become a thing of the past. This bomb will not work under present day meteorological conditions.:glasses:

Chalk one up for global warming!
With record November low temps here in the NE, I think we’ve finally crossed the temp peak this interglacial period and are now on the downward temperature slope in what some hope to be the beginnings of a global cooling cycle with CO2 levels to follow...wishful thinking, huh?

I did watch a couple of videos on the bat bomb after reading this post. Seems to have been a pretty effective device and might have been used if it weren’t for the development of the atomic bomb.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
With record November low temps here in the NE, I think we’ve finally crossed the temp peak this interglacial period and are now on the downward temperature slope in what some hope to be the beginnings of a global cooling cycle with CO2 levels to follow...wishful thinking, huh?
So you're telling me that land I speculated on in Hammondsport on the theory that it would be oceanfront by 2030 is a bust??? :vs_mad:

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
So you're telling me that land I speculated on in Hammondsport on the theory that it would be oceanfront by 2030 is a bust??? :vs_mad:
With global warming & sea level rise the way it is, my home being 13 strides from the bay separated from the ocean by a barrier beach, thinking I might have prime oceanfront by 2030 had I not been moving. The ocean did claim my childhood oceanfront home in 2012.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts