Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 201 Posts

· "Member"
10,719 Posts
My new favorite sprayer got a sweet upgrade today thanks to Jack from Express Pump Repair, aka Mr.Fixit on PT. He made up a nice set up of a "T" splitter with two shut off valves so I could maximize the production of this unit. I have one line for the AA fluid line and the other for the Airless line. Now the same rig can be used for priming, ceilings, millwork, cabinets, doors and walls.

Attachments

· Born To Be Mild
4,956 Posts
I'm a little dense. (surprised?) Are you saying you have one dedicated for airless only and the other for air assist only? (I can't see the air line so I'm confused)

· Registered
14,407 Posts
The "air" line is coming off the compressor and is linked up with the fluid line wrapped around the handle. The airless line is on the spray reel.
Chris

Cool modification. Are there situations where you would be running airless in one room and aaa in another? Would you be doing ceilings/walls in such proximity to an aaa spraying trim? I'm sure you have a bunch of ways that this will help you.

· "Member"
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris

Cool modification. Are there situations where you would be running airless in one room and aaa in another? Would you be doing ceilings/walls in such proximity to an aaa spraying trim? I'm sure you have a bunch of ways that this will help you.

It is possible. When spraying a trim pack I usually prefer to use a nice wide tip like a 517 for doors and then a ff 312 for trim with the AA. I havent tried it yet but it may work.

I did the mod mostly to be able to use the same machine for all aspects of spraying a NC project.

· Registered
14,407 Posts
It is possible. When spraying a trim pack I usually prefer to use a nice wide tip like a 517 for doors and then a ff 312 for trim with the AA. I havent tried it yet but it may work.

I did the mod mostly to be able to use the same machine for all aspects of spraying a NC project.
I was just running my aaa today, I'd be curious how it would be to draw two guns off it simultaneously.

· Banned
853 Posts

Isn't a 517 too much volume?...Most of the time I use a 412 for doors and a 212 for trim.

How is the finish with an air assisted? The guns are different aren't they? Curious,why the 6" fan for trim?

· "Member"
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Isn't a 517 too much volume?...Most of the time I use a 412 for doors and a 212 for trim.

How is the finish with an air assisted? The guns are different aren't they? Curious,why the 6" fan for trim?
I prefer a wide tip for doors.

Most of out millwork are 4 1/2 to 8 inch casings. A 212 is too small IMO. I also learned how to spray trim years ago with a 415 airless.

· "Member"
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought going from AA to A was a flip of the switch? No?
It is but it's only a 50ft hose with the AA gun, you cant attatch that gun to a spray pole, the air hose is cumbersome for ceilings or priming, I prefer not to blast tons of primer and ceiling paint through the cap gun, ect.

Switching over to a airless line/gun with 100-150ft of hose makes life much easier.

It's all about production and systems Jack -;)

· zx-6
21 Posts
The reason i ask about pressure is i have an aa and i spray @ 1000 psi and 25 psi air pressure depending on material used, but when im spraying with straight airless im spraying @ 1800 psi. Just wondering what you do with the two different guns running at the same time.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.