Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only sprayer I own is a 695 that I have been using for all spray applications for the past few years. Love this rig and it always performs well no matter the project. The size is the only friction point I run into, it is a highboy model and I've been debating for a while getting a smaller stand model 395 to have for those jobs where I just need to go spray a single ceiling or basement trim, etc.

Do most of you guys have multiple sprayers and do you think it would be worth the expense?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
4,253 Posts
The only sprayer I own is a 695 that I have been using for all spray applications for the past few years. Love this rig and it always performs well no matter the project. The size is the only friction point I run into, it is a highboy model and I've been debating for a while getting a smaller stand model 395 to have for those jobs where I just need to go spray a single ceiling or basement trim, etc.

Do most of you guys have multiple sprayers and do you think it would be worth the expense?

Thanks!
Yes. I personally have a 395 and a 490. I can pretty much do anything with those 2 sprayers. Would also like to get a 3rd for clears, a portable turbine hvlp and an AAA setup.. One can never have too many tools.

Reactions: FCP

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I have a 695, 1095 and an old gas 5000 plus a couple of hvlp units. When I had employees they were all running. Never saw the use in small pumps, can't run enough hose, keep up with production or run bigger tips. Never had a dedicated oil or lacquer rig, pumps don't care what you run through them. Did have a dedicated hose for some of that stuff but needed extra hose and that got put into general rotation. I stopped using solvent base crap years ago so not much of a problem now.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
I have a 695, 1095 and an old gas 5000 plus a couple of hvlp units. When I had employees they were all running. Never saw the use in small pumps, can't run enough hose, keep up with production or run bigger tips. Never had a dedicated oil or lacquer rig, pumps don't care what you run through them. Did have a dedicated hose for some of that stuff but needed extra hose and that got put into general rotation. I stopped using solvent base crap years ago so not much of a problem now.
I make so much money unclogging sprayers that mixed lacquer and latex materials. And its often repeat customers lol

·
Monarchski
357 Posts

Thanks!
I just bought a TriTech T4 and love it for smaller stuff like that. Even bought the 1-gallon pot attachment when it's something like a single door or two. I've soured on Graco's the last few years.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts

Thanks!
Sounds like you need a small sprayer (tax deductible).

Will having a small sprayer help your business function more efficiently, and/or “better”?
Can you make the sprayer pay for itself, and add profit to your business?
I would think having a backup sprayer would be a good enough reason.

I don’t specialize in spraying, but I still own 3 airless (Titan 400, Titan 440, ED655), 2 hvlp, and multiple “disposable” spray units ( such as Titan flex spray for things like the random bench, exterior vents, lattice, pipes, electric meters,etc…when painting exteriors).

·
Registered
257 Posts
Its great to have multiple sprayers, big or medium pumps , 695, 795, 3900, 5000, for larger amount of material being sprayed every day, or whenever, small pumps like 390s,395, 490s, ect for smaller jobs like a sungle ceiling or garage door or a couple doors, I bring along a 390 to spray garage doors after we spray the body, or ill bring a 795 to spray body and a 495 or 395 to spray the gutters the same day. I found my bigger pumps take less maintenance than smaller ones. Its good to have a couple finish pumps too.

·
Registered
608 Posts
It depends on what you mainly spray. And type of jobs. 395 with hopper. Mainly small jobs like a couple doors, a gallon type jobs.have used when my 695 is down.both for latex only. A X19 for clears and lacquers. A old Speed Flo mainly oil dry fall but has seen latex with different hoses. It’s been a good mix’s of pumps for me in the past. Simi retired now and about to down size.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a Graco 395, a GX19 for small projects and cabinet topcoats and a Fuji Q5 hvlp for water based clears, thinned out oil based products (wrought iron gates and fences!) and shellac primer. I’d really like a 695 for pushing more paint more quickly using bigger tip sizes. I had one of those handheld battery powered Graco sprayers, that stopped functioning after a year and now is in the dumpster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts