Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for posting that. I’ve just been told by an associate that he has a customer for me that has a lot of cabinets to be repainted. I don’t know what color yet, but I’m assuming the darker it is the longer it takes to cure. I am planning to use Advance.

· Registered
4,498 Posts
Thanks for posting that. I’ve just been told by an associate that he has a customer for me that has a lot of cabinets to be repainted. I don’t know what color yet, but I’m assuming the darker it is the longer it takes to cure. I am planning to use Advance.
If you are spraying dark color I would highly recommend an italian quality urethane like centurion , renner, melisi etc... even as a 1K centurion will pass finger nail test in 12 hours in a deep base

· Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
4,408 Posts
If you are spraying dark color I would highly recommend an italian quality urethane like centurion , renner, melisi etc... even as a 1K centurion will pass finger nail test in 12 hours in a deep base
I just did some cabs with ScuffX in the colour Hale navy, as I knew Advance would not like that colour. Super impressed at the setup/blocking time in such a dark colour.. Not sure the longevity, but candyshell hard 24 hrs later.. I know the italian stuff is probably way better, but super impressive product all the same.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. This gives me a couple of really good options now when I’m doing dark colors. With an upgraded HVLP I’ll be looking to do more of that type of work.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts