Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
eye candy??? err manager worth going to for excellent service eh?! :shifty: sounds great! Big Bob from Olathe, he moved to the Roanoak store, and his sales guy out there Ryan (can't think of his last name) is my salesguy. Ha yeah Casey is cool. I need to go by and say hey to him. :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
The key is to advertise in many places at once. They say that it takes people 3 times to see your logo in order to remember it. Think of your company as a brand. Ever heard of brand recognition???

No matter how small your company may be (or how large it is for that matter), you want folks to think of you as a distinguished and successful contractor. Consumers equate your company's success directly to your quality of work. I hit as many angles as I can in order to get my logo and company name out there. And I don't just want people to hear about my company once or twice, I want them to see my trucks, yard signs, and ads everywhere.

I advertise on the radio as a news sponsor. I also send out postcards to targeted audiences. I also have business card sized ads in my local papers. I also have coupons in our locally distributed ValPak. I also make sure that my yard signs are always up somewhere. I have large logos on our company trucks. Plus, I put our business cards and/or flyers up in all the grocery stores, hair salons, and whatnot, all over town.

I have 9 out of ten clients tell me "I saw your sign somewhere" rather than narrowing it down to one particular source. I happen to think that full spectrum advertising is the way to go.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
eye candy??? err manager worth going to for excellent service eh?! :shifty: sounds great!
Meredith Pink, yes that is her real name.
She is very willing to do what it takes in order to secure more credit accounts and raise sales numbers since the custom built new construction store is just over a year old now and kind of flailing due to the economy.

:(

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
We do tons of ads and stuff. The best by far are Trade Shows. The average cost iss $1600 to $2500. We have finished with our 5th show and we have 107 leads. Granted, not all leads turn to estimates, but thusfar we have written contracts well over $250k.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
We do tons of ads and stuff. The best by far are Trade Shows. The average cost iss $1600 to $2500. We have finished with our 5th show and we have 107 leads. Granted, not all leads turn to estimates, but thusfar we have written contracts well over $250k.

That is golden info right their:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
We have a full show set up. Table in front, tv with dvd playing, back wall is colored with our banner and photos. Front we have the podium that all fits into with the tv playing. We bought the rear wall for about $700, that includes lights and panels that our sign goes onto. OUr pictures were about $100 each banner, $150 and then tv $200. We got a table cloth to cover our table and put stucco, cedar and hardie samples on it, as well as a bowl of candy. I will take a picture next weekend at our show. They expect 25,000 people to enter, so in my mind, that is the best form of ads. People go to a lot of these things week after week, I think that it shows we know what we're doing and not a fly by night company.
Try one sometime and you will see the benefits.

·
Born To Be Mild
4,956 Posts
Boston Convention Center .... come on down!
Post some info! Maybe we can get a group for maximum annoyance. (actually would like to see how the big boys do it.):yes:

·
Born To Be Mild
4,956 Posts
Yeah and since its a trades show that means you can write it off... when in June NEPS?
Maybe you can find some interesting beers!

·
"Member"
10,719 Posts
Post some info! Maybe we can get a group for maximum annoyance. (actually would like to see how the big boys do it.):yes:

Big boy .....not! I'm a little fish in a big pond. I just talk a big game.

The show is june 10th and 11th. I think it is a wens and thurs from 10-5pm.

Better yet why dont we plan on a eastern PT get together. Find a central location.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts