Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Advice on future plans-It's a female thing

14K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  JLC 
First, let it be known that I'm a tad old fashioned. I believe a child should be nurtured and raised by a parent, its OWN parent.

Luckily both the WW (that's The Wonderful Wendy for you new comer) and I were of the same mindset, the only question was WHO was going to be the stay at home parent. I won because being self employed, she had a LOT better benefits. Hardest job I ever enjoyed. I worked when I had jobs on the weekends.

It was good also, because being a mother, when she got home from work, she still had the motivation to spend a lot of time with him. We also believed that parents should outnumber children (she was the youngest of 3 girls, I the youngest of 3 boys - we saw what happened to OUR parents :whistling2: )

We musta done something right. He turned out good. No drugs, no alcohol, no cigarettes, graduated with high honors, got a 1/2 scholarship in the honors program at Hofstra, graduated double major cum laude. Far better than the WW or I.

You can always go back to work once he/she is in school. Take the time to LIVE being a parent. It's NOT a hobby :thumbup:
A side of you I didn't know, Bill. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.