Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new to the forum and just an average Joe home owner with no in-depth experience in paint.

Moved into a "new" place about a year ago. House was built 2006. Flat paint on the walls and ceiling. Previous owners had kids and they were rough on the walls. You can see wear marks in the paint where it looks dirty and oily. Kids drew on some of the walls. Lots of wall anchors/drywall screws throughout. Walls are smooth and flat tan. Ceilings are knock down texture and flat white. Trim package is very nice with big base, cased windows, panel board around dining, etc in semi-gloss (I think) off-white or very light tan.

Our thoughts on the repaint was SW7006 Extra White in flat for the ceiling and satin for the trim work. Walls would be a matte/eggshell SW6254 Lazy Gray. Garage will be slightly different using the Extra White as base with a darker grey (no color chosen yet) as a stripe around the perimeter. Trying to brighten the space, but as a garage will likely get dirty and need cleaned up.

We have a Ben Moore and Sherwin Williams store in-town, along with HD and Lowe's. Our painter has quoted labor only and we can buy whatever paint we want using his discount. He has accounts at both BM and SW. He tends to use the cheaper Super Hide for ceilings and Ultra Spec for walls but from what I have been researching those are cheap paints. IMO, the labor is the more expensive part of this operation so I'm okay with using better grades of paint I'm just not really sure what is better and what direction I should lead us down so we aren't just throwing dollars away.

Appreciate any guidance and suggestions you can offer on the subject.

·
Super Moderator
7,201 Posts
PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assisting you with your needs.

If you're not a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php.

This thread is now closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.