Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Afternoon folks, how is everyone doing? Just a real quick FAQ about myself... I paint on the side with my father who recieves contracts from a home builder who is an old childhood friend. Most the jobs we do are newer homes. Other than that he only brings me in when he needs extra help. :thumbup:

Today my father stumped me when he ask me to set up a quote for a new house and it has me stumped and thats what brought me here, but Ill post about that in the correct forum.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Glad you're having fun!

Walk the jobsite, get all the information you can written down in an orderly fashion, speak with the client about expectations, and you'll have most info to set up a quote!
r

·
FT painter/FT dad
1,254 Posts
welcome...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the site. Do you plan to someday make your living as a painter? Not that it's required or anything. I am just curious and the painting industry can always use young people willing to and eager to learn.
Well I have my career as a city engineer but thats 40 hrs or less most the time. I pretty much paint 3-4 days a week some evenings most weekends. Where I grew up my father and his business partner are so well connected job offers never stop coming in and they both want me to paint 7 days a week but the better half would never allow me to do that. Id have to say Ive got about 12yrs paint with my father on a consistent bases and Im only 26 atm and the money Ive made working for them is good so I dont see myself stopping anytime soon. However my position has changed now Im running a crew and setting up bids which is all new to me. Not the running the crew just setting up the bids and my Father thinks "itll come to you eventually, you know what your doing!" But thats how he is:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts