Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know a solid air purifier for the reason in title? does anybody use something like this, ive had this asked by a client and thought about it being part of our painting process.

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
Filter wall is other side.i use backwards.
This thing is beast ! i hate it is too loud and you need to menage working around :)
can you use an organic filter?
May I request a link to the exact item, please? More curious than anything. Looks like it would work!

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
I use fiberglass pads for paint.They are good enough to filter and protect the environment and us.
Paint Hog Pads
OdorStop
Thank you.

edit:
The filters look pretty good. States that they "Exceed EPA standards (40 CFR Part 63)"
They look great for most paints!
What about solvents/vapors?

Where where does the filter attach? The back of the unit? Couldn't see it on the photos.

Agree with @Masterwork. It says it has a "sealed motor", but not sure if that is the same as "explosion proof".

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
To do a non expensive (ghetto) version:
Osha likely wouldnt approve this, but you can run a setup where the fan or fans, are blowing air into the work area so it passively exhausts though an open window (prefereably with a household air filter taped over the opening). That way lacquer vapors wont be running through the fan, and the vapors will be pushed outside. The vapors will go out into the environment though. I dont see it being feasable to use carbon filters on a residential project, unless you plan on specializing in onsite laqcuer. You might be able to rent something. Maybe Grainger rents out stuff like that? You might be able to at least rent an explosion proof fan from somewhere.

If you were setting up a home shop, I could see investing in those paint hog pads and explosion proof fans and whatnot, but for a one time thing, I would go to lowes and get a 20X20 furnace filter for $5 and have a fan blowing fresh air IN where there wouldnt be an explosion danger.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have several of those axial fans, 8" and 12" and they can do a decent job in a small kitchen/area but I just wasn't happy with the amount of air being extracted, especially on larger kitchens. I picked up this beast and it is night and day. This will pull the zip wall down if you don't pump air in or at least leave a large opening somewhere. Bonus is that due to it being such a large motor it runs so quietly. It is designed to be able to run for hours. PJSB™ Blower I use the blower with this filter holder PJSB™ Exhaust Vent Attachment or I also have this one Allegro Industries 9500‐34 Blower Filter Box: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific If you do use the PJSB exhaust attachement you will also need to pick up this. PJSB™ Duct Reducer I use these filters. Amazon.com: Paint Booth Exhaust Filter Pad, 24"x 24"x 2.5"(50 Pack), Spray Booth Filter, Fiberglass Paint Arrestor for Air Filter System(22 Gram): Automotive It is pricey for some but if you paint cabinets every week it's not only worth it but IMO mandatory if you value your health and safety.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts