Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I have a graco x7 and I have used it many times without a problem. I went to use it on my second round of paint and the hose started to leak between the nut and hose spring. I have an attached picture. I tried replacing the hose and the brand new one did the same thing.
No idea why and I can’t find anything on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried tightening everything with a wrench and no luck. Still spraying out that same location. Could I over tighten it ?

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I tried tightening everything with a wrench and no luck. Still spraying out that same location. Could I over tighten it ?
When you tighten the connection you need to use 2 wrenches. The connection should be very tight.
If still leaking replace the 1/4"x1/4" male connection

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever find a solution? I had the same thing happen this weekend. Replaced hose and it did the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to paint sprayers and had the same issue with two different new hoses. I called Graco. They said you need to use 2 wrenches. One on the male assembly and one on the hose. Also try swapping out the hose ends. I have attached a photo. I haven't had a chance to try this yet but will this weekend.
Plant Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to paint sprayers and had the same issue with two different new hoses. I called Graco. They said you need to use 2 wrenches. One on the male assembly and one on the hose. Also try swapping out the hose ends. I have attached a photo. I haven't had a chance to try this yet but will this weekend. View attachment 112648
UPDATE: This did not work! Call Graco Support 888-541-9788 and ask them to send a new Outlet Fitting. Guy there said that should fix the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts