Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Won't use my Titan 440 for a couple of months. Is RV antifreeze ok for that length of time or should I use mineral spirits? Looking for best practice.
Don't put mineral spirits in a latex pump, it just makes any residual latex a gummy mess. I use regular car antifreeze and the propylene glycol stuff when I can find it. cryotek 100 works great... I don't use any alcohol based antifreeze

·
Registered
Property Manager
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't put mineral spirits in a latex pump, it just makes any residual latex a gummy mess. I use regular car antifreeze and the propylene glycol stuff when I can find it. cryotek 100 works great...
Thanks so much for the response. That's exactly what I was thinking but I kept reading use MS for long term but that didn't make sense for me since all I do with the unit is WB. Even Titan mentions MS. Glad I went with the RV stuff

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Thanks so much for the response. That's exactly what I was thinking but I kept reading use MS for long term but that didn't make sense for me since all I do with the unit is WB. Even Titan mentions MS. Glad I went with the RV stuff
You'll thank your self when it comes time to spray again and you just need to flush it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts