Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Algae/moss removal

9K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  CCPC 
#1 ·
WHat do you all think is best for algae/ moss removal from wood shingles? I was just going to powerwash the shingles (carefully and w/o high pressure) but after reading here and on CT they must make some sort of wash that would help the process or even eliminate the need for a powerwashing. I looked on the sug. website and found nothing algae specific.

#3 ·
Algae/ Moss Removal

I have found that spraying bleach/water from a garden sprayer works. First wire brush off out side layer of growth, then spray and let it soak in. Next wire brush the shakes with the grain. Repeat until all sign of green is gone. Let dry. Works on boathouses around L. Ontario. Mari

#6 ·
There is a ainti mold treatment and prevetion that we usually make good bucks from its called anti-growth.com... We sell our clients the mold and mildew removal with power wash, bleach and tsp. After thats said and done we spray on this anti growth stuff to elimate and prevent it from comming back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.