Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it looks more like a Random Thought topic, but...

Used interior BM Regal eggshell in the color American Cheese last week. The product looked EXACTLY like a thousand squares of Kraft singles melted into the can. At times I was tempted to dip a cracker (or finger) just to have a taste. As a side note, it had horrible hide. FOUR coats still looked weak. Worse than many reds.

What paint colors have you found to be appropriately named?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
I know it looks more like a Random Thought topic, but...

Used interior BM Regal eggshell in the color American Cheese last week. The product looked EXACTLY like a thousand squares of Kraft singles melted into the can. At times I was tempted to dip a cracker (or finger) just to have a taste. As a side note, it had horrible hide. FOUR coats still looked weak. Worse than many reds.

What paint colors have you found to be appropriately named?

They've had problems with the gennex bright yellows. They don't hide quite up to snuff with the rest of the gennex line. The Cali bright yellow isn't quite as bad but there is still a noticeable difference with the rest of the trillion line.

I mixed martian green once. Seemed legit.

Reactions: radio11

·
Super Moderator
6,871 Posts
Up here in Canada, there's a brand of paint called Beauti-tone sold by a national hardware store chain (Home Hardware). They use a lot of food names for their paint names. Some of them are pretty catchy, but it's kind of weird when you're piling the stuff on (I don't very often) and thinking about the name. Makes ya hungry depending.

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
I don't remember what paint company it was, but a few years ago someone had a Nickelodeon color palette out. It had some pretty crazy names based on the Nickelodeon cartoons and such. My favorite was doo-doo diaper. (that was a package Behr color I think!)

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
I don't remember what paint company it was, but a few years ago someone had a Nickelodeon color palette out. It had some pretty crazy names based on the Nickelodeon cartoons and such. My favorite was doo-doo diaper. (that was a package Behr color I think!)
I've called some colors that after we finish a room. The color taste some people have blows my mind

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like Wallace and Grommet, Shawn the Sheep and the similar Brit claymation. My kids are just now aging out of the good stuff. Wallace loves the cheese for sure.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts