Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will soon have a vendor section (subforum) in the community for paid commercial sponsors to be able to announce their current promotions and maybe even answer some of our questions about their product or service.

These commercial users will be restricted to that forum in the community and will have a vendor label (badge) under their name.

As with all forums within our community, we are expected to express ourselves in a respectful manner. We will not tolerate threads being started for the sole purpose of bashing a vendor, manufacturer, or service provider. We understand that not all products will be received the same way by all people but that does not give us the right to be rude or confrontational in these forums. Behave yourselves or I will kick your butts into next week! :yes:

I would love to get some input from you about vendors, manufacturers, and service providers you would like to see have a presence here. We, as a community will benefit from these commercial users, as as they will be open and willing to receive feedback about their products and services from us.​

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Thanks Cricket, that is a great start to bridge the gap between the manufacturers and the end users.

Is the "rule" about them posting only in the subforum open to discussion?
This is similar to the longstanding debate about posting links to external sources in response to questions in various forums. PT created a Member Blog section for members to post their blogs, which is nice to start a conversation or share your posts. But it is nice to be able to respond (with a link or as a vendor/business) to a discussion in the general/assorted forums.
Seems like it will be a lot of work keeping them isolated in a subforum when many could add to conversations.
It would be a great place for those creating new products to get feedback from the pros here.
Thanks

·
Administrator
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great input RCP. What we want to prevent is giving someone the freedom to run around the community recommending their product or service. We want to open up a dialog between the trades and the vendors but still maintain some control.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I'm hopeful that it will be geared more towards tools and specialty products. I'm not looking forward to Behr and Valspar reps spamming it.

I don't know if the products are any good, but at least Valspar is on the semi-right track with their mobile paint truck. Assuming they have someone qualified running it.

·
Administrator
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
​For clarification, within the community, the rules will remain exactly as they are for everyone (no advertising) regardless of their membership status.

Our paid commercial vendors would be restricted to discussing their promotions within the vendor forum only.

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
Would love to see paint companies dedicate a rep to here to listen to feedback and offer insight on their products. A lot of times, feedback hits the store clerks and doesn't go any farther (though I do my damn best to pass everything on that I can). It'd be great to have an easy place to leave any kind of feedback for the manufacturer's directly without having to call/meet your local paint rep (if you even have one).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts