Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm privileged to be part of your group. I offer over 30 years of experience in designing and building HVLP turbo spray systems. As the President of Apollo Sprayers I'm committed to helping our customers by providing the best quality HVLP spray systems in the world. Our company has been focused on building these high quality HVLP turbo spray systems since 1966. I welcome any questions about HVLP in general and look forward to helping you out.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm privileged to be part of your group. I offer over 30 years of experience in designing and building HVLP turbo spray systems. As the President of Apollo Sprayers I'm committed to helping our customers by providing the best quality HVLP spray systems in the world. Our company has been focused on building these high quality HVLP turbo spray systems since 1966. I welcome any questions about HVLP in general and look forward to helping you out.

Seems like you have a decent product, I want it in my store. How come you can't be arsed to to do business with small dealers?

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I don't know about your store, but our local BM store Altura Paints sells Apollo stuff, they are not huge but not small either.

We're not that small either and I was approved to sell Apollo stuff too, however the company has placed unrealistic yearly sales requirements in order to carry the product. Only the large dealers are making any money on equipment due to tiered pricing heavily dependent on volume. Further I would have to agree never to sell any other HVLP equipment, which they only seem to enforce on brick and mortar shops and not online shops.

Why can't I have a couple turbine units, guns and some accessories on my shelf? Why place all these restrictions on dealers? Its unnecessarily draconian and it honestly really turns me off their company.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
We're not that small either and I was approved to sell Apollo stuff too, however the company has placed unrealistic yearly sales requirements in order to carry the product. Only the large dealers are making any money on equipment due to tiered pricing heavily dependent on volume. Further I would have to agree never to sell any other HVLP equipment, which they only seem to enforce on brick and mortar shops and not online shops.

Why can't I have a couple turbine units, guns and some accessories on my shelf? Why place all these restrictions on dealers? Its unnecessarily draconian and it honestly really turns me off their company.

Bummer. You should check out CA Technologies, they got bought by Titan and have some awesome AAA and HVLP stuff.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Bummer. You should check out CA Technologies, they got bought by Titan and have some awesome AAA and HVLP stuff.

CAT has some good stuff. Not really interested in AAA. Airless or HVLP turbine. CA looks like they just have the one siphon fed turbine,

I was also browsing some of the graco 'proair' stuff today which looks interesting.
https://www.graco.com/us/en/in-plan...pray-booth/spray-guns-applicators/airpro.html

for now i'm changing my edge2plus gun into a gravity fed. hoping that will eliminate some of the lag when you let off the trigger.

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
3,227 Posts
CAT has some good stuff. Not really interested in AAA. Airless or HVLP turbine. CA looks like they just have the one siphon fed turbine,

I was also browsing some of the graco 'proair' stuff today which looks interesting.
https://www.graco.com/us/en/in-plan...pray-booth/spray-guns-applicators/airpro.html

for now i'm changing my edge2plus gun into a gravity fed. hoping that will eliminate some of the lag when you let off the trigger.
That pro air looks cool. I like how you can have both hoses on the handle. So you can run that off either a pressure pot or an airless as well?

·
Registered
3,667 Posts

·
Administrator
21,534 Posts
I just bought the Cat-X kit. Its an HVLP gun, gravity fed, that runs off a compressor not a turbine. Ive never had luck with turbine air, too warm and not enough to break down material.
And... how it is it working out?

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
3,227 Posts
I believe they are designed to be used at lower pressure provided by pressure pot.

I wonder if you can get an adapter to run this gun off a turbine. Or if it needs higher air pressure to atomize?

https://www.graco.com/us/en/in-plant-manufacturing/product/289023-airpro.html
Didn't see what the cfm rating was. I can't see why you couldn't get an adapter for your turbine, but may just add more cumbersome parts? I imagine if it's designed to have a pressure pot attachment it would work with less air..

·
Administrator
21,534 Posts
Just came yesterday. Need it for a lacquer touch-up job that has some chipping on the frames and kicks. Will play with it this weekend.
Really curious to hear how it works for ya’.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Just came yesterday. Need it for a lacquer touch-up job that has some chipping on the frames and kicks. Will play with it this weekend.

What compressor are you running off of, do you have one mounted in your vehicle? We really like the turbine units because its easily portable between job sites and around the shop, up scaffolding etc.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Didn't see what the cfm rating was. I can't see why you couldn't get an adapter for your turbine, but may just add more cumbersome parts? I imagine if it's designed to have a pressure pot attachment it would work with less air..

seems like there are a bunch of different configurations each with their own CFM and PSI requirements. Its a mystery to me honestly.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
What compressor are you running off of, do you have one mounted in your vehicle? We really like the turbine units because its easily portable between job sites and around the shop, up scaffolding etc.
I’ve had a few blushing instances when using a wheeled (w/service vehicle mountable option) pre-Dewalt 2-stage Emglo gas powered compressor when cold compressed outdoor air came into contact with warm indoor surfaces being finished, even with a moisture separator close to the gun (Emglo now owned by Jenny). Dunno if I’d trust a truck mounted compressor with extreme or not so extreme indoor/outdoor temperatures differentials when shooting finishes prone to blushing.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I’ve had a few blushing instances when using a wheeled (w/service vehicle mountable option) pre-Dewalt 2-stage Emglo gas powered compressor when cold compressed outdoor air came into contact with warm indoor surfaces being finished, even with a moisture separator close to the gun (Emglo now owned by Jenny). Dunno if I’d trust a truck mounted compressor with extreme or not so extreme indoor/outdoor temperatures differentials when shooting finishes prone to blushing.

Yes that is a concern, but how are you going to transport an 500lbs compressor onto the jobsite?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We now have other options for smaller distributors that don't have the same requirements as larger distributors. Let's talk....I can put you in touch with our rep if you would like to get more information.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
It actually serves us to make sure our distributors are well trained and can intelligently answer questions about our products. We don't want distributors who just put the equipment on the shelf and don't demo or talk about it. Turbo spray systems don't sell themselves and most painters are not properly versed about the benefits of HVLP on their truck.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
We now have other options for smaller distributors that don't have the same requirements as larger distributors. Let's talk....I can put you in touch with our rep if you would like to get more information.

Thank you for taking the time to reconsider. I don't believe you have enough posts on this forum yet to send/receive private messages, I'll send you an email.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts