Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a flyer in the mail today advertising painting in the neighbourhood. He attached a business card to the flyer.

I was debating doing exactly this. I am a small fry (business wise....220lbs otherwise) and am going to put out about 200 flyers in the neighbourhood.

I was wondering if attaching a card is just a waste of money. 90%+ of them just go directly to the garbage? It's an $65 extra cost on the flyers.

Worth it, or pointless?

(my gut says its not worth it, but curious what you guys think)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Personally for a random flyer I wouldn't bother.

I do "Wet Paint" flyers occasionally if I am working in the area letting them know i'm here and to ask the customer what they think of my work. Of course let your customer know ahead of time JUST in case they don't want random people knocking on their door.

I put Business Cards on these and it works well.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally for a random flyer I wouldn't bother.

I do "Wet Paint" flyers occasionally if I am working in the area letting them know i'm here and to ask the customer what they think of my work. Of course let your customer know ahead of time JUST in case they don't want random people knocking on their door.

I put Business Cards on these and it works well.
Thanks BC Painter, that's that's pretty much how I feel about it also.

Of course I always have a vinyl on the front lawn.

The best form of advertising is probably actually working on a house.:thumbsup: Usually have at least a few walk ups per job.

Reactions: Burt White

·
A PAINTER PAINTING
248 Posts
Paint you gotta do moore like 200 flyers a day. Print them out at home and don't bother with a card give them out to customers, min of 600 flyers a week. Ink and paper is a big expense.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paint you gotta do moore like 200 flyers a day. Print them out at home and don't bother with a card give them out to customers, min of 600 flyers a week. Ink and paper is a big expense.
I can print them up for free. (well, not if I were doing 200 a week)

I only do 1/2 dozen or so exteriors a summer. I've got 2, I'm only looking for 3-5 more.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
200 business cards is $65 bucks???

You need to talk to Keith at www.kbkgraphics.com

He is the best.:thumbsup:
I had them done through zazzle.com....it was $54 exactly. Thick cards, graphic, multiple colour font, with printing on the back side also.

I'll check out the link....thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts