Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i'm new to this forum and joined to get some advice and expertise. I am not in the painting trade whatsoever. I am however a glazier who owns a small glass company. What i'm trying to do is branch out into the growing back painted glass industry. The reason for this is, my last 2 glass painters don't have the business savvy to service my company or my clients. Dead lines are not met, phone calls are not answered, msgs are not returned and orders are not done properly. I've been doing as much research as I can on products and suppliers. So far I have found 2 suppliers who make glass specific paint products. What i'm mainly trying to find out from this community is anyone who has any experience with painting glass with NON glass specific paint. Is there some sort of additive you can add to any kind of paint that will give it a bond. Adhesion promoters that can be combined in any type of water base paint? Any and all information and comments would be appreciate.... except negative ones of course. Thanks in advance for any time spent giving me your advice

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I'm interested in seeing done of your final products.

My guess would be prime areas with bin, then finish. Problem with that though is you can only tint bin so much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Using any primers would ruin the look I'm trying to achieve. Basically what my clients want is to see through the glass with the paint on the backside.... so it has the depth of the glass plus the reflection

·
Registered
914 Posts
Glassprime is what your looking for. Sprays on clear then you wipe off with lint free rag. Next spray with a 1 part cat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts