Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
1,415 Posts
Looks Good! :thumbsup:

I need a neat looking home for the portfolio/website, all my old stuff from Calgary was lost between moves and hard drive failures ><

· Master Painter
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks Good! :thumbsup:

I need a neat looking home for the portfolio/website, all my old stuff from Calgary was lost between moves and hard drive failures ><
I only started keeping a portfolio of my work in the last year or two . I had so many jobs in the past that would have looked great on my website . There are lots more pictures of my work there :thumbup:

You might want to figure a way to re size your photos so your cut lines do not look all jagged..

Pat
That happens on my website as well . Makes things look out of proportion and the lines look skewed :blink:

Nice work.
The work of professionals stands out.
I thank you kind Sir :)

· Master Painter
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For a home like that, I doubt many professional would use superspec..

Pat
The Super Spec is for the ceilings . Benjamin Moore Regal flat has a considerable amount of shine to it even though it's billed as a flat . I would never use it as a ceiling paint . The walls are done in Regal flat ! ... Any decent professional should know the right paint for the right application !

· Registered
3,840 Posts
The Super Spec is for the ceilings . Benjamin Moore Regal flat has a considerable amount of shine to it even though it's billed as a flat . I would never use it as a ceiling paint . The walls are done in Regal flat ! ... Any decent professional should know the right paint for the right application !
Ok sorry about that, I just saw what appears to be some type of touch up or something and figured you used super spec all over.

I still would not use super spec - I prefer to use the BM ceiling paint, flat of the flattest paints out there. Uses the Gennex Colorants and rolls real nice.

BM Ceiling Paint (508)

here is what I saw that make me think you were using superspec.

Attachments

· Master Painter
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
That was just me being impatient and taking the pictures before everything was 100% dry ... But damn good eyes spotting that !!! :eek: The BM ceiling paint is a bit thin for me .

· Registered
54 Posts
For a home like that, I doubt many professional would use superspec..

Pat
Super Spec is a perfectly fine wall paint; any "professional" that disagrees bought into BM's bull****. I'm sure there has to be at least one other contractor on this site that's clued into this. Remember when Super Spec was Moore Spec? The labeling on the cans of Moore Spec was vibrant and professional looking, why do you think they changed the name and labeling? It's the same product, yet they've cheapened the look...I wonder why? Could it be that they want to sell more expensive lines of paint? If you were seasoned enough in the business you'd know this Pat.

· Registered
54 Posts
Ok sorry about that, I just saw what appears to be some type of touch up or something and figured you used super spec all over.

I still would not use super spec - I prefer to use the BM ceiling paint, flat of the flattest paints out there. Uses the Gennex Colorants and rolls real nice.

BM Ceiling Paint (508)

Bwhahahahahahahahahaahaha! **cough** (full of it)

· Master Painter
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Super Spec is a perfectly fine wall paint; any "professional" that disagrees bought into BM's bull****. I'm sure there has to be at least one other contractor on this site that's clued into this. Remember when Super Spec was Moore Spec? The labeling on the cans of Moore Spec was vibrant and professional looking, why do you think they changed the name and labeling? It's the same product, yet they've cheapened the look...I wonder why? Could it be that they want to sell more expensive lines of paint? If you were seasoned enough in the business you'd know this Pat.

The Super Spec is a fine product and a lot of my customers who are watching their money prefer it the significantly more expensive Regal . I prefer the flatter look of the Spec paint to the shinier Regal myself .

· Registered
54 Posts
I take it you are an apartment painter. I understand, its ok

Pat
Oh Pat, let's not get into a dick measuring contest; obviously, you're the bigger dick. You're the one that came out criticizing Bobbo, who obviously did a fine job and just wanted share his 'win'.

Btw, great job Bobbo. Personally, I think the place would look better if the boxes in the wainscotting were painted out white, but as one craftsman to another I'll tip my hat to your workmanship. :D

· Registered
1,415 Posts
Btw, great job Bobbo. Personally, I think the place would look better if the boxes in the wainscotting were painted out white, but as one craftsman to another I'll tip my hat to your workmanship. :D
I've done it both ways. Either can look good, and I just worry about what the customer ends up liking better :)

Give good advice, but at the end of the day, the customer is right :yes:

· Master Painter
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The client started out planning to do the boxes all white but wanted the room to really pop with color .

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.