Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone run into a problem about 2 years ago with a toxic run of Natura paint? Or do you know anyone that has? A studio I painted has this problem and I've discovered several people who had to move from their homes due to this situation. Now Benjamin Moore won't remediate. A sad situation. If you do know of anyone please can you email me at szukidavis (at) a o l (dot) c o m

Thanks a million!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I have heard of a class action suit, and B Moore "replacing" dealer inventory of certain batches, but no recall or admission of anything. I have used Natura many times and never had any problem. If it is true, and these people's homes are ruined, I hope they are compensated.

·
PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe
4,508 Posts
Natura is one of my favorite products never had a problem with it.
Benjamin Moore is bad as$ when it comes to warranty. I recently when to take a look at a house that the homeowner claims was painted with Moorgard five years ago. Benjamin Moore is going to pay for all labor costs and provide the paint. I respectfully decline to bid on this house because the homeowner is lying, The home hasn't been painted in the last 25 o 30 years, Still BM is going to pay for everything no questions asked.

·
Paint Store Owner
5,550 Posts
Sounds like a lawyer trolling for people to add to his class action. I hope he gets exactly what he deserves.
Never heard of such a thing. Could it be Chinese drywall? The H.O couldn't get anywhere with the drywall issue and is now trying to stick it to the paint manufacturer? Just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Never heard of such a thing. Could it be Chinese drywall? The H.O couldn't get anywhere with the drywall issue and is now trying to stick it to the paint manufacturer? Just throwing it out there.
I believe there was an initial problem. At least that is what I heard. It has since been corrected. I believe there is still a class action suit pending. Although the Chinese sheetrock is an excellent thought-maybe it was never the paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts