Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am generally a furniture and cabinet maker based in a shop, spraying ML Campbell lacquer products in a booth. (Not very experienced with big paint projects.) However, I'm about to finish a large face frame kitchen. The client wants a lacquer finish, but I am concerned that will pose problems because of the necessity of on-site work with a kitchen like this.

I am looking for a paint that, thinned, will will spray like lacquer using an HVLP gun. But it can be applied on-site with a brush, at the very least for doing touch-up work. Research is leading me to choose between BM Advance, and PPG Breakthrough, both in satin.

Any ideas? Thank you, and I apologize in advance if this question is too basic.

William

·
Administrator
professional painting contractor - retired
22,241 Posts
Hi,

I am generally a furniture and cabinet maker based in a shop, spraying ML Campbell lacquer products in a booth. (Not very experienced with big paint projects.) However, I'm about to finish a large face frame kitchen. The client wants a lacquer finish, but I am concerned that will pose problems because of the necessity of on-site work with a kitchen like this.

I am looking for a paint that, thinned, will will spray like lacquer using an HVLP gun. But it can be applied on-site with a brush, at the very least for doing touch-up work. Research is leading me to choose between BM Advance, and PPG Breakthrough, both in satin.

Any ideas? Thank you, and I apologize in advance if this question is too basic.

William

Just curious, what size HVLP do you have?

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Cali ultraplate. brushes almost as smooth as it sprays, AND you can touch-up scratches in something you sprayed with a good brush. It levels out so well that with a little skill you can brush over sprayed and it almost levels out identically. The best paint I have ever seen at this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.