Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm a true believer in the Milesi Product, it is just unreal how it levels, I'm going to shoot some Renner in the future, I'm wanting to try Renner's Waterbased Primer. Used a 310 or 308 FFLP Tip, UNREAL!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Muralo Ultra that no longer exists.

To be fair I didn't use it on cabinets, but it's held up on any other trim piece I've used it on, including even tables. I even have it on a small end table where I'd slide drinks across it, etc, and it's fine. In my own house I find my older coats of Muralo Ultra are actually doing better as far as hand oils, scratches, etc, compared to BM Advance put on for a mild remodel a few months ago in a different room. :/

I've tried the Cali version but I found it not quite as good as the old Muralo version.

Oh well. :(

·
Registered
92 Posts
Muralo Ultra that no longer exists.

To be fair I didn't use it on cabinets, but it's held up on any other trim piece I've used it on, including even tables. I even have it on a small end table where I'd slide drinks across it, etc, and it's fine. In my own house I find my older coats of Muralo Ultra are actually doing better as far as hand oils, scratches, etc, compared to BM Advance put on for a mild remodel a few months ago in a different room. :/

I've tried the Cali version but I found it not quite as good as the old Muralo version.

Oh well. :(
I used to love Muralo Ultra. It was my preferred trim product. The Ceramic was a great product for walls, too. For cabinets, I like ML Campbell Agualente Plus pre cat if we are spraying the boxes, or we use Breakthrough if we are brushing them. I have really wanted to try Melisi 2K, but just haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I used to love Muralo Ultra. It was my preferred trim product. The Ceramic was a great product for walls, too. For cabinets, I like ML Campbell Agualente Plus pre cat if we are spraying the boxes, or we use Breakthrough if we are brushing them. I have really wanted to try Melisi 2K, but just haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet.
I had an MLcambpell rep in my shop recently where the conversation I had with the rep essentially boiled down to 'well how are you going to market our product' and it got me thinking I should DEFINITELY be looking at something like Renner or Melisi where the product sells its self simply by being superior.

PS I recall the the rep's knowledge seemingly limited to data sheets and not much real world experience. He kept talking about CAT and kremlin AAA and I was like dude I've rebuilt CAT pumps I'm pretty familiar with them and Merkers. I had mentioned to him about HVLP turbines and had no I idea what I was talking about:cautious:. ML doesn't make a 0-5 sheen or even a 10 sheen so their a non starter anyway.

To get a perspective on different levels of product support bill strey from general finishes TOOK ME TO DINNER and GF offered to special make me a 5 sheen conversion varnish. Pretty amazing coming from a little guy.

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,922 Posts
I had an MLcambpell rep in my shop recently where the conversation I had with the rep essentially boiled down to 'well how are you going to market our product' and it got me thinking I should DEFINITELY be looking at something like Renner or Melisi where the product sells its self simply by being superior.

PS I recall the the rep's knowledge seemingly limited to data sheets and not much real world experience. He kept talking about CAT and kremlin AAA and I was like dude I've rebuilt CAT pumps I'm pretty familiar with them and Merkers. I had mentioned to him about HVLP turbines and had no I idea what I was talking about:cautious:. ML doesn't make a 0-5 sheen or even a 10 sheen so their a non starter anyway.

To get a perspective on different levels of product support bill strey from general finishes TOOK ME TO DINNER and GF offered to special make me a 5 sheen conversion varnish. Pretty amazing coming from a little guy.
Interesting enough, ML Cambell is actually something I can get locally. In fact, I think the aquelente is old technology and they have a newer water based product. ? Is this something that can be used on repaints? Anyone have the skinny on this stuff. I need to get my hands on better stuff around my parts for cabinet & furniture repaints mostly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Best Cabinet Primer and Paint.

I have used a lot and will post what I think after I get some feedback.

Just curious if there is something better.
I use Wise Owl One Hour Enamel (dries in one hour) along with the Wise Owl Stain Blocking Primer. No topcoat required. BM Cabinet Coat is a good product as well.

·
Monarchski
174 Posts

Isn't ML Campbell owned by Sherwin Williams?

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Isn't ML Campbell owned by Sherwin Williams?
I'm not 100% sure but I got that feeling after they told me ml Campbell 'owns' minwax and they can 'match' minwax colors. I was thinking at the time we'll minwax is a bull*** stain so ...

I talked to the rep again today and he said explicitly that they compete with Sherwin. If they are infact a Sherwin owned company that's a deal breaker and something I feel like they should be more upfront with a independent dealer. Something I'll look into thanks. I absolutely refuse to carry anything from Sherwin!

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,922 Posts
Respec, are you using the agualente plus on repaints? What are you priming with if thats the case.? Also, what about Arroyo. Isn't that the newer version of the aguelente plus? cheers

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but I got that feeling after they told me ml Campbell 'owns' minwax and they can 'match' minwax colors. I was thinking at the time we'll minwax is a bull*** stain so ...

I talked to the rep again today and he said explicitly that they compete with Sherwin. If they are infact a Sherwin owned company that's a deal breaker and something I feel like they should be more upfront with a independent dealer. Something I'll look into thanks. I absolutely refuse to carry anything from Sherwin!
Sherwin Williams owns MLC according to SW’s 2020 annual report. MLC’s Woodsong II is available in Minwax colors. I’ve used and liked working with the Woodsong II solvent borne stains..

·
Monarchski
174 Posts

Sherwin owns Minwax also.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Sherwin Williams owns MLC according to SW’s 2020 annual report. MLC’s Woodsong II is available in Minwax colors. I’ve used and liked working with the Woodsong II solvent borne stains..
I understand MLC may be pretty excellent their precat lacquer I hear is exceptionally good though I'm pretty happy with the lenmar solvent stains and lacquers.

MLC wants to do some aggressive marketing in my area going on sales calls knocking on big shops. I'm feeling that brining on a SW product is going to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts