Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Painter
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I realize this is something that should have been done like... Yesteryear but Have any of you guys(Or Gals) ever tried out any of the online places? If so how was the product and how was the experience applying it? I'm looking for "Real" decals NOT vistaprint or any sort of magnet, no offense to anyone that has those, it's just not my style. I outsource my T-Shirts from a local shop that is another small business in the same town. It's a little bit more then the major online companies but I'd rather be supporting another local small business, but with this the only companies around are more like franchise setups so if I can find them cheaper online and still get a quality product I'm all for it!!

TLDR: Where did you get your company decals done at for your work truck, where do you recommend?

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
3,170 Posts
It obviously depends where you live. I live in NL Canada, and there are local companies here that do decals, but I'm sure you don't want to come up here to do it.. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
So, I realize this is something that should have been done like... Yesteryear but Have any of you guys(Or Gals) ever tried out any of the online places? If so how was the product and how was the experience applying it? I'm looking for "Real" decals NOT vistaprint or any sort of magnet, no offense to anyone that has those, it's just not my style. I outsource my T-Shirts from a local shop that is another small business in the same town. It's a little bit more then the major online companies but I'd rather be supporting another local small business, but with this the only companies around are more like franchise setups so if I can find them cheaper online and still get a quality product I'm all for it!!

TLDR: Where did you get your company decals done at for your work truck, where do you recommend?
Sign company. Look for one that is local.

·
Registered
Property Manager
11 Posts
Sounds odd but check with the service mgr at your local Ford/GM/Dodge Ram dealer. They all would have vinyl decal companies that they deal with for truck lettering. keeps the money local as you mentioned. Plus some of them can be pretty good at designing something unique for you.

·
Administrator
21,511 Posts
Bet if you were to look around, you might find a local place that would do a good job for you and you might be surprised at how creative they can be.

Reactions: jennifertemple

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you are not in a huge hurry for this, I would contact SignCraft Magazine, a magazine that caters to sign makers. Write to them and ask for a "media kit" and a sample issue. Then sign up for a free subscription when the sample issue arrives. (They will not allow you to subscribe if you are not in the industry--so you need to be a little devious.)

The magazine will show samples from the very best signmakers in the country. It will give you some good ideas for your truck and it might even point to a potential source for the work.

I applied a sign (sticky image). The first time ended with wrinkles and bubbles. The second time just bubbles. So it is not only getting the sign, but getting it installed.

There are also professional sign associations and they will refer you to members. You can do this right away if you are in a hurry:

·
Registered
Painter
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds odd but check with the service mgr at your local Ford/GM/Dodge Ram dealer. They all would have vinyl decal companies that they deal with for truck lettering. keeps the money local as you mentioned. Plus some of them can be pretty good at designing something unique for you.
Thanks!! I would have never even thought about that!! My "soon to be" father-in-law is actually head of the "Parts" department at the Ford Dealership right up the road......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts