Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody attended a "Benjamin Moore Contractor Event"? Was it any good, fun, good deals? I have an RSVP invitation for mid October and it's a bit out of my way. I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble to go to one of these events.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If its anything like my town youll see a little food, many vendors offering just about everything we use, and possibly some giveaways. Here it was a poker run with a drawing for a bunch of items from a pot of participants that had got their cards stamped by every single vendor. Top prizes were 50', and 25' of airless hose followed by spray tips, etc.
Was good for me to network as a new business owner. Only a 15 minute drive for me though.

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
3,035 Posts
If it's just a general invite, it will be pretty hokie.Demos, free tshirts etc.. I wouldn't go out of my way.. Unless they got free beer!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Until a few years ago the local BM dealer hosted an annual event along with BM. Top notch food and great deals on paint and sundries purchased at the show. And free beer! One year I won the top door prize, which was about $500 worth of BM product. I remember that was the year BM rolled out their Fresh Start line...so I guess it was a while back!

The store was handed down to the next generation several years ago, and the show was shelved. Given the competition for share in the paint market, poor choice in my opinion.

How good the event is will depend on how accommodating your local BM rep and dealer is.

·
Super Moderator
6,692 Posts
Invite Only with RSVP. I have not RSVPed yet.

Where's this happening? Not that I'd be bothered. Reminds me, I haven't got a free BM tshirt in a few years now. That's all you'd get around these parts. Girls at the paint shop said they don't even remember having a rep coming to town to see how things are going.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Do the have any new products to show off? Get a t shirt and a sanding block, have lunch with your competition. how far? is it not your local store?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do the have any new products to show off? Get a t shirt and a sanding block, have lunch with your competition. how far? is it not your local store?
No, it is not a local store. They do not say what they will show. It is way to far to go for a T-Shirt and a sanding block. I'm thinking about going anyway. Just to see what kind of presentation they put on.

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
3,035 Posts
I feel spoiled over here. My paint rep over the last few years has taken me golfing, paint balling twice, multiple contractor breakfasts with heaps of free loot, plus every year they have a party at the axe throwing place with open bar! No joke. But I guess I spend like $15K at thier store every year so..:wink:

Invite Only with RSVP. I have not RSVPed yet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I worked at a Ben Moore dealer in Colorado and our events were just excuses for getting contractors to come, but if your Rep is worth their weight, I would get some demo paint for Scuff-X and Advance (or Cabinet Coat). BM likes to promote their own brand rather than sundries or spray parts.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As a retailer, we will do an event as a thank you to our customers, introduce new products, and (with the help of vendors) offers some really good deals. The success depends on the involvement of our contractors, the better the attendance, the better the event becomes and the better the deals are. If a store that you do business at is offering an event, show up and socialize. In the event that you need help in someway in the future, they will remember. It is about building relationships over the long haul. Also, keep in mind, even the simple events cost an unbelievable amount, even with participation from manufacturers, so to get an invitation means they would like to earn your business.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts