Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My BM rep told me that in January, BM will have a price increase of about two dollars a gallon. Has anybody else heard this, or could it just be a Massachusetts thing?

·
Retired Moderator
10,539 Posts
They dramatically increased prices years ago while blaming rising oil prices. I haven't heard that excuse this time around. Just taking care of Warren Buffett's love for money.
As an aside, I did some research a while ago about paint prices and oil prices. I hadn't really thought about it before, but acrylic paint prices are connected more with oil prices than are oil/alkyd prices. The feedstocks for acylics are petroleum based, while the ones for alkyds are from plants.

Carry on.

Reactions: Lambrecht

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
Since Warren is loosing money on his oil investments he is raising the prices of BM across the boards until he regains the oil revenue loss.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Gough said:
As an aside, I did some research a while ago about paint prices and oil prices. I hadn't really thought about it before, but acrylic paint prices are connected more with oil prices than are oil/alkyd prices. The feedstocks for acylics are petroleum based, while the ones for alkyds are from pants. Carry on.
It probably takes twice as much oil to make acrylic paint than oil paint.

·
RePaintFlorida.com
1,768 Posts
As an aside, I did some research a while ago about paint prices and oil prices. I hadn't really thought about it before, but acrylic paint prices are connected more with oil prices than are oil/alkyd prices. The feedstocks for acylics are petroleum based, while the ones for alkyds are from pants.

Carry on.
to each his own :whistling2: but i think it's a little weird

·
Super Moderator
9,502 Posts
Well, since I am now a partial (as infinitesiamally small partial) owner of BM, I give this two thumbs up!!!

·
Retired Moderator
10,539 Posts
Well, since I am now a partial (as infinitesiamally small partial) owner of BM, I give this two thumbs up!!!
Baby B?

If you've got a few shares of A, I'm impressed. I'd be thrilled to have 4 or 5 shares of A....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts