Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 3000sqft bare drywall house. The homeowner wants walls and ceiling primed and 2 top coats that's it. It my first brand new house I'm pricing out and I would like some help. It's a pretty much open floor plan with 3 bdrm

·
Administrator
professional painting contractor - retired
22,029 Posts
Straight pricing questions are frowned upon here but I will leave this open (for now) with the hope that some members will be able to give you some suggestions about how to go about pricing it and what pitfalls are specific to bidding new construction.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Hey I have a 3000sqft bare drywall house. The homeowner wants walls and ceiling primed and 2 top coats that's it. It my first brand new house I'm pricing out and I would like some help. It's a pretty much open floor plan with 3 bdrm
You're probably in the neighborhood of 45 gallons per coat. If the walls and ceilings are all the same color I'd give myself one day for the primer and one day for each top coat, with a helper for back rolling.

·
Administrator
professional painting contractor - retired
22,029 Posts
At what cost that's what I'm having trouble with
You must not have read, understood, or just chose to ignore my previous reply.

Straight pricing questions are frowned upon here, as are 'Going Rate' questions. If you are a contractor seeking advice regarding your pricing structure, the Moderators of this forum would like to direct you to this pricing thread - Pricing, Estimating and Success.

PaintTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the commercial and residential painting industries.

This thread has been closed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.