Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Lol. Networking with whom? I'm working 7-10s with occasional 12s sprinkled in. Not much to network with inside the containment my friend
"It was 1971 when Ray Tomlinson invented and developed electronic mail, as we know it today, by creating ARPANET's networked email system. The concept of nearly instantaneous communication between machines within an organization proved to be so beneficial and practical that the concept soon began to spread"

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
4,113 Posts
Lol. Networking with whom? I'm working 7-10s with occasional 12s sprinkled in. Not much to network with inside the containment my friend
Then I guess you'll have to wait until you "have time". 🤷‍♀️

noun
networking1.
  1. the action or process of interacting with others to exchange information and develop professional or social contacts.
    "the skills of networking, bargaining, and negotiation"

2. 2.
    the linking of computers to allow them to operate interactively.
    "the demand for wireless networking is increasing rapidly"

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
I'm currently in Painters Union doing Bridge work.
How does one find side work during lay offs,
Or even leaving the union to do this through a private contractor?
I'm not sure what kind of work you're looking for, or your specific qualifications, but residential house painting might be an option for 'side work'. A few calls to nearby companies would let you know if its worth pursuing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not sure what kind of work you're looking for, or your specific qualifications, but residential house painting might be an option for 'side work'. A few calls to nearby companies would let you know if its worth pursuing.
I'm going to reach out when the layoffs happen in the next month or so.
I hope someone can hire me on a temporary basis until the season starts again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My goodness, I can't imagine you'd have trouble finding work in the current environment. I talk to at least 2-3 other tradesman every week that say the same thing,...."Where's all the help"? Now if you're waiting until the exterior painting season in the north is closed for the year then that might be a different story but my God, ...in or around any major city in the country you should be able to jump on a paint crew or go out as a 1099 sub *very quickly I would think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts