Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you get plans for a remodel or new constructions (we are working on making our industrial side bigger), how do you read the plans? What's the best way to figure out square footage besides going room by room and wall by wall? Any suggestions on how I can get quicker and more accurate?

·
A Brush Above
4,669 Posts
When you get plans for a remodel or new constructions (we are working on making our industrial side bigger), how do you read the plans? What's the best way to figure out square footage besides going room by room and wall by wall? Any suggestions on how I can get quicker and more accurate?
Keep doing them over and over. Practice makes perfect.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I use one of those small wheels that you put to scale and it measures the length as you roll it. I would think they even have one attached to a computer or smart phone.

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
Screw hard copies, I try and get digital copies as nd look at them with my 32" monitor. Snap the lines out, save, never have to resnap, no bourbon required.

·
Banned
53 Posts
You haven’t mentioned the type if area you have; if it is a regular area, you are on the right track it is the best way to figure out correct square footage. But if you are working on a circular area then measure the distance of the circle from one side to the other. Find the radius and multiply Radius x Radius x 3.14 and divide the result by 144 to arrive at square footage.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
That's easy, not in scope of work, not in contract price. I am sure the builder can find another painter to come in and do them free of charge..

Oh wait no he can't.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts