• ALL are potential customers.

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Some are potential customers.

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Most are not customers.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A few will be my customer.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Almost none, there are a LOT of tire kickers..

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is EVERY call that comes your way a potential customer?

Or not?

How do you look at the calls that come in. Do you see each call as a potential customer, or do you see calls as a net being pulled from the ocean in which you get some crabs, some sucker fish, a shark or two, and the prized fish?

How do you see YOUR calls?

Going to turn this into a poll.. give me a minute.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
I don't get a ton of tire kickers compared to some. Given that, I just ask a few basic questions over the phone to see if we are a fit.

How did you hear about us? Referrals I give more weight to
What work were you looking to have done? If they want the antennas of the Sears Tower done, I'm passing
What time frame are you looking to have the work done? If I'm already booked and can't swing it, theres no point

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
What do you mean? In one sense anyone is a potential customer. Like how many folks you deliver estimates vs. how many you rule out as not worthy? If so, then I guess I would pick 'some' but some is anything from 1%-99%.

·
Super Moderator
9,501 Posts
I answer almost all calls as if it is a potential customer while expecting 85% to be from someone trying to sell me SEO service, country club/golf magazine adds, press 1 for google, security services, yellowbook, angie's list, etc.

Too bad you cannot judge a phone call by area code alone anymore due to cell phone portability.

·
Administrator
19,913 Posts
I don't get a ton of tire kickers compared to some. Given that, I just ask a few basic questions over the phone to see if we are a fit.

How did you hear about us? Referrals I give more weight to
What work were you looking to have done? If they want the antennas of the Sears Tower done, I'm passing
What time frame are you looking to have the work done? If I'm already booked and can't swing it, theres no point
Paul - you've just got do the Sears Tower soon to get it out of your system. Slay that dragon buddy!

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
I am not understanding the choices of the poll.

I thought that anyone who calls about one's business is a POTENTIAL customer. Except for telemarketers, pollsters, and fund-raisers (which are still telemarketers), OH and the wife calling to tell you to pick up a gallon of milk on the way home.

"most are NOT my customer "? If a company expects to grow, most callers should be people who are not NOW customers but are potential customers. I'm not sure too many can survive of ALL repeat customers.

"A few will be my customers" I hope not many people check that one That sounds as sad as the last option:

"Almost none, there are a LOT of tire kickers.."

If almost none are potential customers and just tire kickers, one is doing something wrong.
I treat view any call as a potential customer - except people who want money from me, but I can sorta tell them from the caller ID and let them go to voice mail.

·
Administrator
19,913 Posts
I assumed the last option was for Dan.
Well if Bill would pay up on that bet I'd quit calling (he was only able to cut and roll 2750 sq. ft. in one day). :whistling2:

·
17,818 Posts
I also went with "some" I get sales calls and people wanting a job and I try to weed out a little on the initial call as well but I treat most every call as if it may lead to a contract.

·
"Member"
10,719 Posts
Everyone you come in contact with on a daily basis is a possible customer or referral. The day you start thinking your above people or work is the day you start posting threads on PT about how to get work and advertising on breakfast joint place mats or at hair salons.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Everyone you come in contact with on a daily basis is a possible customer or referral. The day you start thinking your above people or work is the day you start posting threads on PT about how to get work and advertising on breakfast joint place mats or at hair salons.
Funny - says the dude with close to 10k worth of posts.:hammer:

·
Administrator
19,913 Posts
Funny - says the dude with close to 10k worth of posts.
PBD -Just some friendly advice. Your post probably isn't the best way to intro yourself here at PT. Might I suggest you go to the Introduction sub forum and tell us a little bit about yourself?

Being a regularly contributing member since 08 has a little something to do with NEPS' post count. Don't think he's ever posted a question about how to get work.

Reactions: HQP2005

·
Banned
4 Posts
PBD - Just some friendly advice. Your post probably isn't the best way to intro yourself here at PT. Might I suggest you go to the Introduction sub forum and tell us a little bit about yourself?

BTW - Being a regularly contributing member since 08 has a little something to do with NEPS' post count.
appreciate the advice - check it out - i just posted my intro. still - that's a lot of posts for a dude doggin someone for postin... just sayin...

·
A Brush Above
4,669 Posts
appreciate the advice - check it out - i just posted my intro. still - that's a lot of posts for a dude doggin someone for postin... just sayin...
He works harder and smarter. Ask him how many employees he has, or what his niche in the painting industry is. Hell, Google new england painting services.

·
"Member"
10,719 Posts
painterbyday said:
My "Ex franchisee Klaw Radar" is going off like crazy.

Hi Kevvy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts